Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Bomas Of Kenya And Karen Blixen Museum Day TourWrite a Review
OverviewSee the best of what Nairobi has to offer and visit amazing places such as: Nairobi National Park, David Sheldrickâs Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Bomas of Kenya and Karen Blixen Museum in this great day tour in Nairobi.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourStart your safari at 6.30am to Nairobi National Park and get the chance to see more than 100 different species of animals including lions, cheetahs, leopards, giraffes, buffaloes, hippos, rhinos, zebras, gazelles, impala, elands, hartebeests, wildebeests, hyena, jackals, civet cats and many more.
The animals are easy to spot and you should look out for the white and black rhinos in the park as they are a main item on your game driving experience. The lions will take some time to track but eventually you will find them. Hippos can be seen at the river or in some of the numerous manmade earth dams in the park. Cheetahs are mostly fond of staying in the large plains to the southernmost fringes of the park where plains game prey is plentiful and easy to catch.
Leave the park after extensive tour at 10 am then head to David Sheldrick’s Elephant Orphanage, located on the edge of Nairobi National Park. Since its inception, the project has hand-reared more than 150 baby elephants that have been orphaned in the wild, often due to poaching. The orphanage helps to reintegrate these gorgeous creatures into the wilds of Tsavo National Park in the east of the country. Learn more about this fascinating venture and see the baby elephants being fed by their keepers.
Proceed to Giraffe Centre. The centre has been ostensibly set up as a breeding centre for the endangered Rothschild giraffe, but now operates conservation/education programs for Kenyan school children.
There is good information on giraffes available there, and an elevated feeding platform where visitors meet the resident giraffes face to face.
Lunch break at Mamba Village.
The word Bomas was derived from "Boma"-a Swahili word for enclosed homestead and there are now many different "Bomas", each one representing one of Kenya's major ethnic groups.
Continue on to the Karen Blixen Museum and Giraffe centre, popularly known for the movie "Out of Africa". Visit The Langata Giraffe Centre where you can feed the endangered Rothschild's giraffes and to the Karen Blixen Museum of the "Out of Africa" fame.
End the Safari and go back to your hotel by 5pm.
Inclusions for Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Bomas Of Kenya And Karen Blixen Museum Day Tour
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nairobi National Park, Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Bomas Of Kenya And Karen Blixen Museum Day Tour
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.