Meet your captain and crew in Port Allen at 6:30am, where you'll climb aboard a 65-foot (20-meter) catamaran for your Kauai snorkeling adventure.
Find a seat on the outdoor deck, or a shaded spot in the cabin, and kids will love the trampolines where you can stretch and relax by the bow. Enjoy continental breakfast as you cruise alongside the jagged Na Pali sea cliffs, which soar to heights of up to 4,000 feet (1,200 meters) from the cobalt ocean below. Here you'll cruise by remote beaches, hidden sea caves, and waterfalls, and learn the unique geology and history behind these rugged cliffs.
While comfortably relaxing out on the deck, keep an eye out for Spinner dolphins that leap up out of the water, and there's always the chance they could choose to swim along the bow of the boat. In the winter months from December-April, Humpback whales arrive from Alaska to mate and give birth in these waters, and are commonly spotted either breaching or splashing on the channel crossing toward Ni'ihau.
Known as Hawaii's "Forbidden Island," Ni'ihau is home to a handful of residents who live a traditional lifestyle, and while the island itself is closed to the public, its pristine reefs offer some of Hawaii's most vibrant and colorful snorkeling. Explore the ancient coral formations and abundance of tropical fish, and then refuel with drinks and a gourmet deli lunch before journeying back to Port Allen. Bring a light jacket and expect to get wet if you sit toward the front of the boat!
- Assorted Fresh Baked Pastries and Mixed Tropical Fruit Platter
- Beverages Include: Hot Tea, Coffee, Water, Assorted Soft Drinks and Island Juices
Gourmet Deli-Style Buffet Lunch:
- Assorted Fresh Baked Bread
- Select Deli Meats and Cheeses: Turkey, Ham, Roast Beef, Salami, Swiss and Cheddar
- Condiments & Vegetables: Lettuce, Tomatoes, Sprouts, Carrots, Pickles, Pepperoncini, Onions, Black Olives and Cucumber
- Italian Style Penne Pasta Salad with Assorted Vegetables and Homemade Pesto
- Vegetable Platter: Carrot Sticks, Celery Sticks, Bell Peppers, Cherry Tomatoes, Black Olives, Cucumber with Homemade Ranch and Hummus dip
- Homemade Chocolate Chip and Ginger Molasses Cookies
- Beverages Include: Beer, Wine, Water, Assorted Soft Drinks and Island Juices