Naples To Pompeii - Rome
OverviewVisit the beautiful South Italy with this tour, that takes you to the fertile Roman countryside, through the “Highway of the Sun”. Passing by Mount Vesuvius, we reach the city of Pompeii, where we are welcomed by a nice lunch at first. The place will tell you tales about this city which was buried under ash when Mount Vesuvius erupted and the beautiful way in which the city has recuperated. There’s exclusive shops which have gifts and presents based on the local Greek craft.
- Discover art, history, folklore and archaeology in one of the most typical regions of southern Italy.
- The ancient fishing quarter of Santa Lucia and see the impressive Castel dell’Ovo.
- Visit the excavations on foot with a local guide on an archaeological journey through the ancient city.
Know More about this tour
A journey to discover art, history, folklore and archaeology in one of the most typical regions of southern Italy. Leaving Rome in a southerly direction, we take the “Highway of the Sun” crossing the fertile Roman countryside through the area known as the ‘Castelli Romani’. Approximately halfway along the highway, you will be able to see the Abbey of Montecassino, noted for its famous battle and complete destruction during the Second World War. Descending towards the port of Mergellina and following the coastal road, we arrive in the ancient fishing quarter of Santa Lucia and see the impressive Castel dell’Ovo (photo stop). The city tour continues crossing the historical centre to see Piazza del Plebiscito, the Royal Palace, the Basilica of San Francesco di Paola, the San Carlo Opera House, the Gallery of Umberto I and the imposing Maschio Angioino. Upon leaving the city, we cross the fertile valley of Mount Vesuvius, passing the towns of Ercolano, Torre del Greco and Torre Annunziata before finally arriving at Pompeii, where we stop first for lunch. After that we will visit the excavations on foot with a local guide on an archaeological journey through the ancient city. In approx. 2 hours you will see some of what has been discovered in more than 1,700 years since Pompeii was covered by ashes during the eruption of Vesuvius in the year 79 AD. Through the remains and ruins of this ancient city, we can picture the everyday life of the Imperial Age and imagine the panic felt by the people in those last few minutes before the city was so disastrously buried. At the end of the visit to Pompeii we will return to the coach for a journey of approx. 3 hours back to Rome. During this excursion we will visit a coral and cameo factory where we will have the opportunity to admire and purchase items of this ancient craft that dates back to Greek times.
Inclusions for Naples To Pompeii
- Visit to Pompeii & Naples beautiful attractions.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If the tour is cancelled between 0 hours to 48 hours before the tour starts, 100% cancellation charges applicable.
- If the tour is cancelled between 2 days or more before the start date, no cancellation charges applicable.
- No show 100% Cancellation charges applicable.
You Might Also Like
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet
- Pompeii and Naples - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour
- Rome Running Tour
- Trastevere Quarter Rome Segway Experience with Lunch
- Assisi and Basilica di San Francesco Day Trip from Rome