OverviewDiscover Naples with a 5-hour guided walking tour through its famous historical center, rich with artisan shops, street food, churches and network of underground excavations. Meet your guide in the city center by Municipio Square and start the tour through the monumental area. Explore the Galleria Umberto and Plebiscito Square. Then walk by Castel Nuovo and by the Royal Palace. In the historical center, enjoy free time for shopping and lunch (own expense). Stroll through Spaccanapoli and Via San Gregorio Armeno, and visit the buried ruins of ancient Naples. Tour is limited to a maximum of 25 participants.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by an art historian
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your art historian guide near the Neptune Fountain in Piazza Municipio at 8am, then proceed to the Greek streets of Naples and the Roman underground excavations. See a mixture of both Pagan and Christian influences still characteristic in the present life, found in both Piazza del Gesù and Piazza San Domenico Maggiore. In San Gregorio Armeno market, find this influence in the artifacts of the typical shops as well as in the Baroque architecture of the Cathedral. Neapolitan culture can be found in the typical popular food and in the narrow streets full of players and dancer that will color your walk. Soak up the atmosphere as you shop and dine with an hour of free time for lunch.
After lunch, view Angiò's medieval castle and one of the world's best neoclassical theaters, the Theater of San Carlo. In front of San Carlo's theater, walk inside the liberty style shopping center, Galleria Umberto. Then walk along the historical Via Toledo and Piazza Plebiscito. The tour ends at approximately 1pm at Municipio Square.
Inclusions for Naples Walking Tour With Underground Ruins
- Professional art historian guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Walking tour
- Underground ruins ticket
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Naples Walking Tour With Underground Ruins
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
We require hotel or cruise ship details in order to be able to contact you for last minute changes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.