Napoli Art And Food Tour: Gesù Nuovo, Santa Chiara, And San Domenico Maggiore - NaplesWrite a Review
OverviewVisit a trio of the most magnificent churches in Naples during this 2.5-hour tour of the historic Old Town. Your guide will lead the way toÂ GesÃ¹ Nuovo (a church with remarkable Renaissance and Baroque art), the Gothic Santa Chiara church, and the 13th-century San Domenico Maggiore church. After this art and architecture tour, taste a local street food favorite, "pizza a portafoglio" (folded tomato pizza).
- All entrance fees included
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide for a 2.5-hour art and architecture tour in Gesù Nuovo square, right in front of the Church of Gesù Nuovo in central Naples. This tour visiting three of the city's most magnificent churches departs at 10am or 3pm.
First stop is the Church of Gesù Nuovo, originally a palace built in 1470 but sold a century later to the Jesuits who converted it into a church. Inside, you will see rich Renaissance and Baroque style, including work from artists such as Francesco Solimena. After a short walk, explore the church of Santa Chiara, the largest Gothic church in Naples, that dates back to the early 14th century. After a stroll down Naples' lively central boulevard, Spaccanapoli, you will arrive on San Domenico Maggiore square, home to a 13th century church of the same name. Your guide will explain the building's fascinating history and lead the way into the beautiful sacristy, home to 45 sepulchers.
After this art and architecture walk, the tour finishes with a tasty tradition of Naples: pizza. "Pizza a portafoglio", a folded tomato pizza, is a popular street food in the city.
Inclusions for Napoli Art And Food Tour: Gesù Nuovo, Santa Chiara, And San Domenico Maggiore
- Guide to three of Naples most magnificent churches
- Tasting of local food specialty - pizza!
- All entrance fees
Exclusions for Napoli Art And Food Tour: Gesù Nuovo, Santa Chiara, And San Domenico Maggiore
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.