Experience the excitement of outer space on a visit to Space Center Houston, the official visitor center for NASA’s Johnson Space Center where you can hop aboard a tram for an orientation tour. One of Houston’s top attractions, Space Center Houston boasts a number of interactive displays with everything from space artifacts to a full-size rocket and space shuttle. See real astronauts at work at the NASA facility and learn about space exploration from fascinating hands-on exhibits. Your day also includes a 1.5-hour Houston city sightseeing tour by open-top bus before your visit.
- All-inclusive tour
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMake your own way downtown to meet your bus for a narrated sightseeing tour of Houston. During the 90-minute tour by double-decker open-top bus, pass by City Hall, Minute Maid Park (home of the Houston Astros baseball team), Hermann Park, Houstons Museum District and much more.
Afterward, transfer to a comfortable coach that takes you to Space Center Houston and NASAs Johnson Space Center. Although high-profile space flights launch from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, most of the planning and training for the US space program takes place in Houston.
Your day includes a 90-minute tram tour that takes you onto the grounds of the Johnson Space Center. See both the new and original Mission Control centers and the International Space Station Assembly Building. Watch NASA staff at work, especially fascinating if a shuttle mission is in progress. You might even catch a glimpse of astronauts in training at Building 9. Be amazed at the impressive Saturn V Rocket, which stands 36 stories tall and is the most powerful rocket ever built.
After the tram tour, have free time to explore the exhibits at Space Center Houston, NASA's official visitor center. Astronaut Gallery features the worlds most comprehensive collection of spacesuits. Check out Apollo 17, the last manned spacecraft to fly to the moon. Experience what its like to be on the Space Shuttle at the interactive Living In Space gallery and take a close look at a full-size replica of the Space Shuttle.
You can purchase lunch at the NASA cafeteria you might even spot a NASA astronaut dining there. Or head to Zero-G Diner to choose from a variety of cuisines.
At the designated time, meet your bus for the return trip to downtown Houston where your tour ends.
Inclusions for NASA's Space Center Houston And City Sightseeing Tour
- Transportation to NASA Space Center
- Tour Map and orientation
- Admission ticket to NASA Space Center
- Complimentary Houston city tour
Exclusions for NASA's Space Center Houston And City Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Driving time to and from the Space Center may vary due to high traffic and road construction (Space Center is 26+ miles from the city)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Houston Shop Hop
- Private Arrival Transfer: Houston William P. Hobby Airport To Hotel
- Houston From Above And Below: Chase Tower And Underground Tunnel Tour
- Houston City Sightseeing Tour With Round-Trip Transport To Kemah Boardwalk
- Clear Lake Pearland Rum Distillery And Brewery Tour
- Houston Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Houston Sightseeing Tour And Galveston Day Trip
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Houston William P. Hobby Airport