OverviewDiscover culinary treats and cultural treasures on this food tasting and walking tour of Nassaus historical neighborhood. Youll enjoy delicious tastings enough for a hearty lunch at six unique venues, from family-owned eateries to specialty food stores. Try classic conch fritters, savory Bahamian macaroni and cheese and locally sourced teas. Youll gain insight into the cultural and architectural offerings in Nassau, the capital and commercial center of the Bahamas, and experience where the locals eat as you stroll the charming, tree-lined streets. Enjoy personal attention from your expert guide on this small-group tour, limited to 12 people.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourYour cultural walking tour of Nassau visits six food-tasting locations, each carefully chosen to highlight the best local flavors that Nassau has to offer. Learn secrets of the trade from the charismatic entrepreneurs, chefs and local artisans who prepare and preserve these cultural traditions.
Meet your guide at a central location and head with your small group through the charming streets of downtown Nassau. Your guide will take you off the tourist path to popular venues that the locals frequent.
Among the places you’ll stop on your small-group tour are a family-owned Bahamian restaurant serving soul-warming traditional classics; a specialty spice merchant to taste locally sourced jams, salts and island bush teas; an eatery that’s popular with the locals for its creative Bahamian/Greek fusion; and an organic, fair trade chocolatier featuring hand-made truffles by an award-winning pastry chef.
Between tastings at one-of-a-kind restaurants and specialty food stores, hear insights and fascinating tidbits from your guide about the historical, architectural and cultural significance of Nassau. Your guide will also share recommendations on local attractions, from colonial relics to hidden venues featuring the best live music and dancing!
You’ll leave your tour with a satisfied belly and the know-how to explore the hidden gems of Nassau’s charming neighborhoods on your own.
Inclusions for Nassau Food Tasting And Cultural Walking Tour
- Food and drink tastings at 6 locations
- Walking tour of downtown Nassau
- Professionally trained local guide
- Exclusive in-store coupons
- Signature post tour recipe collection
- Old Nassau neighborhood dining and attractions guide
Exclusions for Nassau Food Tasting And Cultural Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum number of passengers per tour is 12
Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. (Infants ages 3 and under who are not eating do not require a ticket)
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Tour is held in all weather conditions (ponchos provided in case of rain)
Not wheelchair accessible at this time or suitable for guests with severe mobility restrictions
Please note: it is recommended you wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.