Nassau Rum And Food Walking Tour
OverviewWhat is a trip to the Caribbean without a little rum education? Taste your way through downtown Nassau on this rum and food walking tour with a friendly local guide. Youll stop at four locations, including a pirate-themed pub and a chocolatier, to sample rum and rum cocktails, of course, plus rum-infused sweets, classic conch fritters and a Bahamian dessert. Finish up at John Watlings Distillery for a look at how rum is made. This tour is limited to 10 people, ensuring you enjoy a small-group experience.
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourIn downtown Nassau, meet your friendly tour guide and head to your first stop, Smuggler's Beer Garden, on George Street. As you enjoy your first sample of rum, try to imagine the days more than 300 years ago when the unruly pirates of the Caribbean roamed these streets, inebriated on their demon water.
Continue walking through downtown Nassau to three more local establishments, where youll fill up on rum cocktails, savory snacks and sweet, boozy treats. Enjoy bites ofhomemade boozy rum cupcakes for dessert!
As you get to know the citys rum and food scene with your guide, discover off-the-beaten-path sites and hear madcap stories about the islands swashbuckling and rum-running history. Passing historical buildings, learn how they once played a role in the profiteering business as storage space for liquor about to be transported across the ocean.
Fittingly, your tour ends at John Watlings Distillery, located on the islands Buena Vista Estate. Learn about how rum is made here, from fermentation to aging in white-oak barrels, and hear about the mysteries surrounding 17th-century pirate John Watling, for whom the distillery is named.
Tastings include (subject to change):
- 6 rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian conch and lobster fritters
- Rum-infused white chocolate
- Caramel truffle shot
- Homemade boozy rum cupcakes
Inclusions for Nassau Rum And Food Walking Tour
- Local guide
- 6 rum tastings
- 2 cocktails
- Bites of Bahamian seafood fritters
- Rum-infused white chocolate caramel bonbon
- White Rum hazelnut truffle shot
- Local taxes
- Homemade rum cupcake
Exclusions for Nassau Rum And Food Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to consume alcohol in the Bahamas is 18 years old
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately; rain gear provided if necessary
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the 2 passenger requirement. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.