The Nassau Shark Adventure is a 2-tank dive program which introduces thrill seeking divers to wild sharks and provides you a close up look at these magnificent and misunderstood creatures in the stunning waters of the Bahamas!
Know More about this tour
There are currently four sites where you can dive with the sharks. You'll dive either the combination of 'Shark Wall' and 'The Arena' or the combination of 'Shark Wall North' and 'The Runway'. At either location, you'll encounter a gathering of Caribbean Reef Sharks on a consistent basis.
Your first dive is a 'Free Swim' with the sharks on a magnificent wall. The sharks will follow you throughout the dive because you'll be close to the feeding site and they know that dinner time is soon. However, no bait is exposed on this dive. This keeps the sharks curious and creates a very natural encounter for divers - just as you would encounter a shark in the wild.
Your second dive is a shark-feeding dive. Unlike ordinary dives, you'll spend this dive kneeling on the ocean floor. Divers form a semi-circle in front of the professional shark feeder who'll place a bait box on the bottom. Your feeder utilizes the bait box and a pole spear to control the release of food that influences the shark's behavior. Watch exactly how the shark feeder keeps the sharks in a 'polite' feeding posture. The sharks will come very close but they are more interested in the bait than you!
- Must be at least 10 years of age
- Must be a certified diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
- Must have good physical health
- Divers who have not logged a dive within the last 3 years will be required to complete a refresher program prior to joining any scheduled dives. Each participant is required to wear a full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs)
Inclusions for Nassau Shark Diving
- The use of tanks, weights and weightbelts
- Fresh drinking water and ice
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Exclusions for Nassau Shark Diving
- Dive equipment and wetsuit (rental available)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Videotape of dive
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
All participants MUST be certified as a diver or junior diver (must bring certification card at time of check-in)
Each participant is required to wear full wetsuit or skin (long sleeves and long legs) and gloves on this dive
Videotape of the dive is available for an additional fee
New divers who have not yet purchased their own equipment can rest easy with the knowledge that all rental equipment is less than 2 years old and only from the very best manufacturers
Tour duration includes hotel transportation time
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Approximate rental costs for equipment:
Wetsuits - $10 per day
Regulators w/ alternate air sources and consoles - $7 per day
Buoyancy Compensators - $7 per day
Mask / Fins / Snorkel Set - $7 per day (Fins are full foot fins with sizes from 3-4 to 11-13)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.