National Gallery And Trafalgar Square Tour In London
OverviewStart this walking tour at Charing Cross, right in the heart of London. A short walk leads us to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. Hear how the Charing Cross commemorates an amazing royal wife, Eleanor of Castile (died 1290), and how the place used to mark the centre of London.
- Led by a Blue Badge guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
The tour starts at Charing Cross, in the Strand, right in the heart of London. A short walk leads you to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. Hear how the Charing Cross commemorates an amazing royal wife, Eleanor of Castile (died 1290), and how the place used to mark the centre of London.It stands by the site of the factory where the 10 year old Charles Dickenswas forced to work when family circumstances declined. Then, heading into Trafalgar Square, youll see and hear about the various statues of important historical figures, the Nelsons column, the church of St.Martin in the Fields, the South Africa House and Canada House with its rooftop beehives. This is where Londoners march, make demonstrations and celebrations (especially in New Years Eve) and sing Christmas carols and so much more.
Then, enter the National Gallery which, with its 2,500 paintings is one of the richest and most important art collections in the world. Our highlights tour will give us a panorama of Western European art from the 1200s to theearly 1900s. Your guide will cover all the major European schools of painting with masterpieces from Italy, the Low Countries, France, Britain, Germany and Spain.
You can tick many of the greatest artists off your list: Duccio, Giotto, Pisanello, Raphael, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Titian and Caravaggio; Van Eyck, Van Der Weyden, Vermeer, Rembrandt, Reubensand Van Dyck; Claude, Poussin and some of the Impressionists; Hogarth, Reynolds, Gainsborough,Stubbs and Turner; Holbein, Cranach and Durer; Velasquez, Murillo and Goya.
Note:If any rooms are closed or particular artworks are away on loan, the guide will make an equally wonderful alternative selection of masterpiece paintings to show you.
Inclusions for National Gallery And Trafalgar Square Tour In London
- Blue Badge guide
- Tour escort/host
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for National Gallery And Trafalgar Square Tour In London
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.