National Mall Photo Safari By Circulator Bus - Washington D. C.Write a Review
OverviewWashington, DCs National Mall is one of the great treasures of the nations capital, rich in photo opportunities for any camera or smartphone enthusiast. Join Paris-trained architectural photographer E. David Luria on a 2-mile journey to many of the city's most popular attractions like the White House, the Lincoln Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Washington Monument, and many more. Travel in comfortable, air-conditioned or heated splendor, while learning the techniques of travel photography along the way.
- Led by a professional photographer
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourStart this 2-hour photo safari on the famous National Mall, next to the Madison Drive entrance to the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden. Begin with a 30-minute orientation on travel and people photography. Learn the basics of how to use the camera to capture the best images when traveling, how to understand f-stops and shutter speeds, what lens to use, how to pose people, how to shoot architecture, and more. The Sculpture Garden is the perfect place to practice these techniques.
After a quick shot of the National Gallery of Arts West Building, climb on board the Circulator Bus for a ride to the Thomas Jefferson Memorial for its views across the Tidal Basin and its direct line-of-sight view into the White House, as ordered by President Franklin Delano Roosevelt when he commissioned the construction of the memorial in 1938.
Ride in style to the Lincoln Memorial, climbing the steps to get that iconic view down the Reflecting Pool towards the Washington Monument, the US Capitol building, and shots of the Abraham Lincoln Statue itself.
End this photo tour at the whimsical Albert Einstein Memorial for a wrap-up session and a group photo in front of the 12-foot tall statue of the famous scientist.
At each location, hop out of the bus and take pictures with Mr. Luria's direction and guidance on best composition and camera use. There is a Circulator Bus arriving approximately every 10 minutes, providing plenty of flexibility at each location. Bring a non-photographer companion or child for only $5 per person, payable directly during the tour. They will enjoy the tour and can serve as models posing in front of the monuments.
Come away from this photo safari with great images of DCs most popular icons and very useful tips on travel photography that can be used anywhere in the world.
Inclusions for National Mall Photo Safari By Circulator Bus
- Local taxes
Exclusions for National Mall Photo Safari By Circulator Bus
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is eight years old
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.