National Museum Of Australia: Ultimate Museum Experience - Canberra
OverviewDiscover where Australia's stories come alive at the National Museum of Australia. The Ultimate Museum Experience offers an exclusive personalised tour of the Museum with a dedicated tour guide, a meal and drink in the Museum's stunning waterfront cafe and a voucher for 10% off purchases at the beautiful Museum shop.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe National Museum of Australia is where Australia's stories come alive. Located on the shores of Canberras Lake Burley Griffin, the Museum's stunning architecture provides an extraordinary place to explore the rich and diverse stories of Australia and its people. Get to know the real, the treasured, the surprising and the inspirational objects from Australian history. See some of the nation's most popular and important objects all in one place, from Phar Lap's heart and the Holden Prototype No.1 to bark paintings and ochre used by Aboriginal artists over 50,000 years ago.
Striking building and architecture - The National Museum of Australia opened in 2001 in a building designed by Melbourne architects Ashton Raggatt McDougall and Peckvonhartel, following an international design competition. The building reflects the many intertwined stories that make up Australias history.
Inclusions for National Museum Of Australia: Ultimate Museum Experience
- National Museum of Australia general admission
- Breakfast or Lunch at the Museum Cafe. The Museum Cafe is open 9am to 4.45pm; lunch is available on weekdays until 2pm; brunch and lunchare available on weekends and public holidays until 2pm)
- One glass of either wine/beer or soft drink or coffee/tea
- Guided tour with Museum tour guide
- A $20 shopping voucher at the Museum Shop (The Museum Shop discount applies to full-priced items, single transaction only, and cannot be redeemed for cash)
Exclusions for National Museum Of Australia: Ultimate Museum Experience
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time ofarrival to the Museum car park.
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Admission to temporary exhibition with a charge (available for purchase)
Itinerary:Sample Menu: Museum Cafe
Light Meals and Snacks
- Sourdough toast w/ preserves
- Toasted sourdough fruit loaf, banana bread or date & walnut loaf
- Lemon, raspberry & candied ginger loaf
- Chunky beef & mushroom pie w/ sauce
- Homemade sausage roll w/ sauce
- Beer battered chips w/ aioli
- Swiss cheese, tomato & pesto mayo on sourdough
- Spiced pumpkin, baby spinach & haloumi on Turkish pide
- Ham, gruyere & tomato on sourdough
- Chicken, brie & caramelized onion on focaccia
- Soup of the day w/ a ciabatta roll
- Roast pumpkin, rocket & goats cheese tart w/ garden salad
- Lamb, potato & rosemary pot pie w/ garden salad
- Spinach & feta filo pie w/ garden salad
- Pulled pork roll w/ savoy cabbage slaw & crackling
- Grilled chicken BLT on turkish pide & shoestring fries
- Grilled asparagus & haloumi w/ rocket, pear & walnut salad
- Sumac-spiced swordfish w/ roast eggplant, broad beans & herb salad
- Warm salad of smoked duck, mango, mint & rocket with chili lime dressing
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Present your either printed or electronic voucher (e-vouchers) with photo ID to matching the booking name in exchange for your activity. Without proof of purchase and photo ID, the Museum reserves the right to charge visitors for the cost of the tour per person.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.