Nature And Village Hike In DharamshalaWrite a Review
This 5-hour private hike/walking tour will allow you to soak in the natural beauty of Dharamsala. You will visit a local village in Dharamkot, and a temple, market and waterfall in Bhagsunag, all while learning about Tibetan and Hindu culture from your local guide.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
At your selected departure time, your guide will meet you at your hotel in Mcleod Ganj. Start your journey towards Dharamkot. Your walk will be approximately 1.25 miles (2 km) to your first stop, Naddi village. This village is generally inhabited by the Gaddi families, a tribal group from Himachal Pradesh. Naddi village is known worldwide for the presence of the Dalai Lama and offers panoramic views of Kangra Valley and the Dhauladhar ranges. After finding yourself in a ridge covered with high trees and hills, you will reach a small temple named Galu Devi, the oldest temple dedicated to Mata Durgra. The best thing about Dharamkot is the vibe, a mix of music, pure spiritual energy of the Himalayas, and happiness of the simple lifestyle of locals. Experience peace and a feeling oneness with the nature.
From Dharamkot, walk about 1.85 miles (3 km) to Bhagsunag to visit the market and the Bhagsunag temple, an ancient temple dedicated to lord Shiva with a fresh water spring. The village of Bhagsu is originally a tribal Gaddi village, but now many Israelis have made it their home offering services and working to support themselves. Your guide will give you a history of the temple as you walk another .6 mile (1km) to see the beautiful Bhagsunag waterfall.
Your guide will take you back to Bhagsunag temple where your tour will end. From here, you can walk back to Mcleod Ganj, which is approximately 1.5 miles (2.5 km) or your guide can assist you in hiring local transportation (autorickshaw or car at own expense) to take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Nature And Village Hike In Dharamshala
- Hotel pickup
- Private guide for the walking tour
Exclusions for Nature And Village Hike In Dharamshala
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Comfortable shoes are recommended
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.