OverviewThis is a shore excursion for cruise ship passengers arriving to Puerto Limon, Costa Rica. This tour combines a visit to the rainforest and to the Tortuguero canal, where you will enjoy the rich wildlife that Costa Rica has to offer.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourKnown as Costa Rica's Amazon because of its surrounding rain forest, the Tortuguero Canal region is rich with exotic flora and fauna.
Board your covered boat for a leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rain forest eco-system and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, bats, aquatic birds, iguanas and crocodiles as well as exotic flora. At the end of your cruise, board your waiting transportation for the short transfer to Brisas de la Jungla, where an interesting nature walk and visit into the rain forest awaits for you.
La Jungla Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, such as the red dart frog (dendrobates pumillo).
Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna, visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying.
You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the epiphytes, orchids and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
After the tour, enjoy complementary fruits and get that special gift you are looking for in the souvenir’s store.
On the way back you will enjoy a short city tour before the drop off at the pier.
Inclusions for Nature History Combo Tour From Limon
- Entrance fees
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nature History Combo Tour From Limon
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.