Navigli Walking Tour - Milan
OverviewDiscover Milan’s ancient Navigli district and learn about its history and traditions. On Friday or Saturday afternoon you can enjoy a guided walk alongside the picturesque canals, and later on you can take a plunge into the district’s buzzing night-life.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour 1h30mwalking tour begins in Piazza SantEustorgio, in front of the basilica that was founded in the early Christian era. Your walk will take you to the Darsena, site of an ancient inner harbor built during the Spanish era and used for regional tradeuntil the 1970s.
During the tour youll learn about the history of the canal from the 12th century, and how Leonardo da Vinci later improved the system of locks. Hear about the tradition of ancient trades and the people who lived along the waterways.
Cross the Triumph Bridge and walk along the Naviglio Pavese, passingpicturesque alleys as you continue to the Naviglio Grande, Milans main canal. After reaching the canal youll walk with your guide until you come to Vicolo dei Lavandai, a corner that has been kept historically intact.
After the tour you may want to stay to enjoy an aperitivo at one of the bars lining the banks of the canals, or enjoy a meal at a traditional Milanese trattoria (own expense).
Inclusions for Navigli Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Navigli Walking Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Milan Airport Private Arrival Transfer
- Milan Airports Private Transfers to Milan City Centre or Vice Versa
- 4-Day Dolomites Tour from Milan
- 1.5-Hour Milan Segway Tour
- Private Tour: A Stroll Around Milanese Historical Craft Shops
- Discovering Milan on the Historic Tram
- Milan Gourmet Italian Food Tour
- Private Milan Wine Tasting with Italian Sommelier