Nazca Lines Air Tour With Transport From Lima
OverviewSee the mysterious and awe-inspiring Nazca Lines from the air on this tour from Lima. After the drive down the Peruvian coast from Lima to Paracas, take off over the lines (or geoglyphs, to get scientific) aboard a Cessna plane. As you fly over the Nazca Desert drawings, a UNESCO World Heritage site, take aerial photos and form your own opinions about their ancient meaning there are many hypotheses! Youll be returned to Lima at the end of the day.
Know More about this tourAfter pickup in Miraflores and San Isidro, settle into your luxurious Mercedes-Benz van and head with a tour escort to Paracas, in Perus province of Pisco, where youll start your air tour over the Nazca Lines. The drive along the coast of Peru takes about four hours each way.
At the airport, board your Cessna airplane and settle into your window seat (every passenger has one!). Then take off and fly over the World Heritage-listed geoglyphs, the most famous in the world. The high, arid plateau of the Nazca Desert reaches across more than 50 miles (80 km); its isolation and dry climate has helped to preserve the lines over time.
The exact origins and significance of these hundreds of figures are unclear, but its believed that the designs were created by the Nazca people between 400 and 650 AD. Fly over several of the individual designs, many of which are animals; your pilot will let you know which designs you're about to see. The monkey, for instance, is 300 feet (90 meters) long and has five fingers on one hand but only four on the other, believed to represent the nine months of drought the Nazca people went through each year.
The spider is said to represent fertility and water, as this arachnid usually appeared before it was going to rain. The flamingo, condor and hummingbird represent the winter and summer solstices; their beaks point to the location of the sunrises and sunsets on the solstice days in Nazca.
During the 1.5-hour flight, you'll have plenty of time to view the one-of-a-kind artwork with great photo ops from the air! When your flight ends back at the airport, you'll have free time to get lunch on your own in Paracas (own expense) before being driven back to your original Lima pickup point.
Inclusions for Nazca Lines Air Tour With Transport From Lima
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
Exclusions for Nazca Lines Air Tour With Transport From Lima
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Pisco airport tax (USD 5.00 per person)
- Nazca airport tax (USD 14 per person)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: We strongly advise that you do not book any flights out of Lima on the same date as your tour
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
The plane holds up to 12 passengers
Overflight is not recomendable for children less than 8 years old.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.