Negev Private Day Tour From JerusalemWrite a Review
OverviewA private guide day tour exploring the diversity of landscapes and rich history as we travel from Jerusalem through the Judean foothills to the Negev desert around Beersheba and explore the desert regions towards Sde Boker and Mitzpe Ramon.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYou will drive south from Jerusalem through the Ella Valley where David fought with Goliath; visit the Bet Guvrin caves and then continue to Tel Beer Sheva, a UNESCOs World Heritage site. This ancient settlement, overlooking the modern capital of the Negev Beersheba ,has retained the ancient name and functioned as the administrative center for the Judean monarchy during the Iron Age, beginning some 2,800 years ago. Among the most impressive finds here are the corner stones of an altar and a large-scale water project that served the city during both war and peace.
You will continue south to Sde Boker, a kibbutz in the central Negev and the home of Israels first Prime Minister, David Ben-Gurion. Visit Ben-Gurions modest home and the nearby exhibition portraying his life and his vision for this region, and stop at his tomb, overlooking the magnificent Tsin Valley.
An optional activity of a 4x4 jeep experience in the Tzin Valley will be available before proceeding to Avdat, once a central city on the Nabatean trade route (known as the Incense Route) connecting Petra and the port of Gaza.
Further south, at Mitspe Ramon, youll find a small desert town built on the edge of a fascinating geological formation known as a makhtesh, or crater. We will stop at the Ramon Crater Visitor Center to understand how this unique water-erosion formation, found only in Israel, came into being, and learn more about the regions nature and wildlife, as well as the peoples who called it home in centuries past.
At the end of a full day of touring , you will return to Jerusalem.
Inclusions for Negev Private Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Negev Private Day Tour From Jerusalem
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.