OverviewRivers Expedition Tour. A half-day tour!
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Lunch included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourLeaving your hotel at 8.30am to the port of where you will depart in a double deck boat. The boat will navigate downstream the Negro River, until the meeting of the waters.
During this trip the guide will be giving information about the native people along the river, the land and lots more.
On arrival at the meeting of the waters the guide will explain about the amazing natural phenomena of the rivers. There is a possibility to see the river dolphins (grey and pink).
Then the boat continue navigating toward the Januari Ecological Park, where you disembark for a short forest walk of 20 minutes to see the enormous trees (only in the dry season).
Embark in a motorized canoe to make a tour on the narrow creeks inside the Solimoes river where we see the Vitoria Regia the famous water lilies, also looking for birds, animals and see the caboclos houses (which is native people of the region) that exist in this park.
Lunch will be served on a floating restaurant. After lunch you visit the native floating hand craft shop where you have the opportunity to buy souvenirs.
Return to Manaus, arriving at 13.00pm at the Manaus port.
Inclusions for Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Negro River Half-Day Expedition Tour
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
Itinerary:Sample itinerary, times subject to change
- 8:30am: Pickup at the hotel reception
- 9am: Board boat and cruise to the Lake Januari
- 10am: Board canoes and head into the waterways
- 11am: Piranhas fishing
- 12pm: Lunch on a floating restaurant
- 1:30-1:40pm: Return to Port Manaus
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.