Nero's Palace Tour With Colosseum And Ancient City Tours - RomeWrite a Review
Descend into Neroâs Golden House (Domus Aurea) with your professional guide to see it in all its splendor, as it was 2,000 years ago using 3D glasses on this 5-hour, small-group tour. Then, explore the Colosseum and the Roman Forum before climbing Palatine Hill to see the very sites where ancient Rome was founded.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourAfter meeting near the Colosseum at 1:15pm, your guide will lead you into the Golden House to explore Neroâs palace. Using 3D glasses provided during the tour, you will experience the famous Room of the Golden Vault as it was when it was built. You will also see the exterior of the Golden House and gain a detailed idea of what the palace was like as well as see ancient Rome from its luxurious terrace.
During your visit, you will be in a group of up to 24 people and will be led by the official archaeologists of the Domus Aurea who will provide you with information on the frescoed corridors and rooms.We will visit the Octagonal Room, the Cryptoporticus, the Achilles on Skyros Room, the Nympheum of Polyphemus and much more. You will enter the famous Golden Vault Room with 3D glasses that will allow you to have an all-round experience of Neroâs stunning power and wealth.
Next, we will explore the Colosseum and the Roman Forum before climbing Palatine Hill, the very site were Rome was founded,Â in a small group of up to 12 people. We will walk along the Via Sacra, the main street of ancient Rome and reach the heart of the ancient capital, where the main religious and political buildings were erected â some of which still standing â including the Senate and the Temple of the Vestals, where Romeâs never-ending fire was tended by virgin priestesses, ensuring Romeâs glory.
Your tour will conclude at the entrance to the Roman Forum.
Inclusions for Nero's Palace Tour With Colosseum And Ancient City Tours
- Entrance fees
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour with a maximum of 12 people (except in the Domus Aurea where groups have a maximum of 24)
Exclusions for Nero's Palace Tour With Colosseum And Ancient City Tours
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There will be a 30-minute long break to eat and rest
It will be possible to stop to use the restroom along the way, as needed
Dress code is smart casual. Bring a sweater to wear in the underground area as it can get cold
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
Strollers are allowed, but not recommended, as stairs are steep and the ground is uneven. Children must be carried by an adult or be able to walk
It is recommended that you bring a hat and sunscreen
All drink bottles must be empty when entering the Colosseum (fountains available). It is possible to bring in refillable empty bottles, as the water springing from the fountains on the path is drinkable
This is an intense 5-hour walking tour as the area to cover is vast. On the way there are vending machines where people can buy drinks and quick snacks to eat while walking
Food is allowed in the archeological area
For security reasons all visitors and their luggage shall be screened. All objects (including mobile phones) must be put in a bag/backpack or in the tray for X-ray screening
Large backpacks, camping equipment, bulky bags, luggage and trolleys are not allowed. Medium and small size backpacks must be checked, as any other bag, with metal detectors, opened and visually inspected by security
Minimum age is 14 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.