New Orleans Culinary And Cocktail Walking Tour
OverviewExplore the rich culinary history of New Orleans on a tour that combines a cooking class with a French Quarter cocktail tour. First, learn about the basics of Louisiana cuisine from a professional chef during an entertaining demonstration, then sample classics such as jambalaya, gumbo, and pralines. Afterward, admire the architecture of the French Quarter as you stroll through the neighborhood, stopping in historic bars to sip the Big Easy’s most celebrated cocktails. You'll discover the flavors and culture of New Orleans during this fun and informative tour!
Know More about this tourStart your food and cocktail tour with a 2-hour cooking demo at the New Orleans School of Cooking. A professional chef prepares classic specialties such as jambalaya, gumbo and pralines while you watch and learn. The class is served with a side of local history that goes into the spices that are essential to Cajun and Creole flavors. The modern-day cuisine of New Orleans opens a window onto the citys rich cultural history, with its roots in the traditions of French, Spanish, Native American and African cooking.
When the class demonstration finishes, snack on generous samples of the dishes, accompanied by complimentary coffee, iced tea and beer. Be sure to take the provided recipe booklet to try making the dishes at home!
After your introduction to Cajun and Creole cuisine, stroll through the historic streets of the French Quarter on a cocktail tour with an expert guide. Learn about the origins of Southern Comfort, invented in New Orleans in 1874. The classic Sazerac cocktail goes back even further to 1850! Purchase any of your favorite cocktails during stops at several historic bars.
As you walk through the French Quarter, look inside the citys oldest restaurant to see its wine cellar and private dining rooms, where some of the most important deals in New Orleans were hatched. Examine the Spanish and French-inspired colonial architecture as your guide shares fascinating stories about the world-famous neighborhood, including the bars and cocktails created here.
After a fun and fascinating 4-hour cooking class and cocktail tour, return to your starting point in the early evening to end your tour.
Please note: Participants do not cook during the culinary demo.
Inclusions for New Orleans Culinary And Cocktail Walking Tour
- Guided Cocktail Walking Tour
- New Orleans cooking demonstration class
- Generous sampling of all items at the Cooking School
- Coffee, iced tea and beer at the Cooking School
- Recipes at the Cooking School
- Discount at the General Store
- New Orleans School of Cooking Custom Spice Packet
- Drink Special Coupon
Exclusions for New Orleans Culinary And Cocktail Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:10am Class at New Orleans School of Cooking
Monday: gumbo, jambalaya and pralines
Tuesday: corn and crab bisque, chicken etouffée and pralines
Wednesday: gumbo, chicken Creole and pralines
Thursday: gumbo, jambalaya and pralines
Friday: gumbo, jambalaya and pralines
Saturday: shrimp artichoke soup, chicken etouffée and pralines
Sunday: corn and crab bisque, chicken etouffee, and pralines
4pm Guided Cocktail Walking Tour at Gray Line Lighthouse (Toulouse Street at Mississippi River)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Following your culinary class, immediately walk to the Light House departure point at Toulouse Street at Mississippi River for your Cocktail Walking Tour
Please note: This is a demonstration class only; there is no hands-on training
In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels
Minimum age is 21 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.