OverviewJoin us on a tour where we will see the Glorious Mansions of New Orleans's famous residents to the famous residents of the Lafayette Cemetery.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the Garden District and follow along on a scenic stroll through the lush streets.
Upon arrival in New Orleans after the Louisiana Purchase in 1803, Americans found the Creoles living downriver from Canal Street. The two groups hated each other, so the Americans settled upriver from Canal Street in the early and mid-19th century. This enclave of Americans became rich and built great, ostentatious mansions in an area that came to be known as the Garden District.
Walk through this historic neighborhood to admire some of New Orleans' most beautiful mansions. Find out which ones belong to John Goodman, Archie Manning, and Sandra Bullock, and which was once owned by Anne Rice. See the house where Jefferson Davis, the Confederate President, died.
At the end of the Garden District tour, continue on for a visit to the Lafayette Cemetery to see some of the city's unique above-ground tombs.
Inclusions for New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for New Orleans Garden District Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.