New Orleans Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Westbank Plantation Tour
OverviewOnce your cruise has returned to New orleans, take a journey back in time to the Antebellum South with a tour of two separate plantations -- Oak Alley Plantation and Laura Plantation.Your first stop is at Oak Alley, which has been called the "Grande Dame of the Great River Road". Next, travel to Laura Plantation, a historic sugar plantation built in 1805 displaying a different and unique culture.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Led by a local guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourAfter your arrive in New Orleans, you will first travel to Oak Alley Plantation, passing and hearing about the Whitney, St. Joseph and Evergreen plantations along the way. Your guided tour of Oak Alley Plantation allows you time to admire this jewel of Greek Revival architecture. The quarter-mile canopy of giant live oak trees, believed to be nearly 300 years old, forms an impressive avenue leading to the classic Greek-revival style antebellum home.
Next visit the Laura Plantation, a Creole Plantation with historic slave quarters surrounded by sugar cane fields. The guided tour transports you with dramatic detail into the charmed yet tragic lives of four generations of Creole owners and their slaves.
You can catch the tour at two different departure times, 8:30am or 11:30am. Your guide will pick you up at your downtown New Orleans hotel. If you are arriving on a cruise ship, a meeting location will be determined based on your additional plans. It isvery importantto call local supplier at least 48 hours before the day of the tour to verify pickup place and time. Phone number is provided on confirmation voucher.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for New Orleans Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Westbank Plantation Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for New Orleans Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Westbank Plantation Tour
- Luggage storage/ transport not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (available for purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Luggage storage is NOT available on this tour. Please arrange for an alternative storage location
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A small amount of walking is involved
Tour cannot accommodate wheelchairs of any kind
Additional fee applies for a bilingual tour, subject to availability
Child rate applies to all children and infants
If you are arriving on a cruise ship, a meeting location will be determined based on your additional plans. It is very important to call local supplier at least 48 hours before the day of the tour to verify pickup place and time.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.