New Orleans St Louis Cemetery 1 Walking Tour
OverviewNew Orleans is known for its unique cemeteries and burial customs – including above-ground graves. On this tour we visit St. Louis Cemetery tours in New Orleans, giving guests the full experience of being in the presence of these old and sometimes very famous graves!
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in the heart of the French Quarter and walk to the nearby St. Louis No. 1, the city's oldest cemetery.
St. Louis No. 1 openedin 1789 in a relatively small space. Thousands of entombments have taken place here in the intervening centuries, accomplished through unique local customs of burial and re-use of tombs for multiple burials. This cemetery is well over 200 years old and serves as the final resting place of some of New Orleans' most famous historic residents, including Voodoo Queen Marie Laveau, the chess master Paul Morphy, and Homer Plessy of the Plessy v. Ferguson court case.
Your guide pulls from animmense amount of information on hand to give your experience in the cemetery depth and color. You wont just get to see the graves of some famous people you will also get to learn about their lives, the burial ground, and so much more. What secrets lurk behind the great Voodoo Queens tomb that you have yet to learn? What mysteries lie within and around the crumbling walls of this historic cemetery? All these questions and more are answered on this exciting and fact-filled tour.If youre a movie buff, there'sa treat for you, too.
All of theinformation shared on the tour is historically accurate, factually based, thoroughly researched, and vetted. You'llleave St. Louis Cemetery No. 1 feeling more knowledgeable and excited about the information youve learned.
Inclusions for New Orleans St Louis Cemetery 1 Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for New Orleans St Louis Cemetery 1 Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- New Orleans Garden District Ghost Tour
- Destrehan Plantation and 16 passenger Airboat Tour Combo
- Large Airboat Swamp Tour with Hotel Pickup
- New Orleans Swamp Tour Boat Adventure With Pickup
- Combo: Oak Alley Plantation and Swamp Boat Tour
- 5 in 1 Ghost and Mystery Tour
- Hurricane Katrina Tour of New Orleans
- Whitney Plantation Tour