New Year’s Day Danube Symphony Cimbalon Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise - Budapest
OverviewCelebrate New Years Day in true Hungarian musical style at a concert by the Danube Symphony Orchestra featuring the Hungarian cimbalom. Head into the ornate auditorium of the Danube Palace theater and lose yourself in popular classical melodies interpreted and enriched by the shimmering chords of the cimbalom a traditional, stringed Hungarian folk instrument. The sounds of the cimbalom with music by Mozart, Brahms and other composers make it a truly special occasion. Upgrade to include a 1.5-hour Danube dinner cruise for the ultimate New Years Day experience.
- Buffet dinner included
- Likely to Sell Out
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the Danube Palace in central Budapest and take your seat in the beautiful neo-Baroque theater for your New Years Day evening concert.
Welcome the musicians of the Danube Symphony Orchestra on stage and lose yourself in classical melodies by Mozart, Strauss and other famous composers. The music is lent extra resonance by the Hungarian cimbalom, a stringed musical sound box beloved by Hungarian folk musicians. Played by striking two soft mallets on the strings, the cimbalom was first used by Middle Eastern nomads before being adopted by Hungarian gypsies and becoming central to Hungarys folk music.
The cimbaloms shimmering chords add texture to the music, creating a distinctive sound rarely heard outside Eastern Europe. Whats more, the musical program is specially compiled just for this New Years concert making it truly special.
When the hour-long concert ends, leave the theater and head back to your hotel. Alternatively, if youve upgraded to enjoy the Danube River cruise, join your nearby cruise boat. Relax in the candlelit atmosphere as you glide past Budapests most distinctive landmarks, including the Buda Castle District, Mount Gellert and Chain Bridge, all spectacularly illuminated. Enjoy a glass of Sparkling wine, wine, beer, water or a soft drink and savor a hot buffet of Hungarian dishes as you sail. See the Itinerary for a sample menu. As you eat, enjoy live music from members of the Hungria Folk Orchestra, a lovely added touch to your evening.
After around 1.5 hours, your concert-and-cruise experience ends when you ship returns to its original start point.
Inclusions for New Year’s Day Danube Symphony Cimbalon Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Symphony orchestra concert
- 1.5-hour dinner cruise (if dinner option selected)
- 1 glass of Sparkling wine (if dinner option selected)
- 1 glass of beer, wine or soda (if dinner option selected)
- Water (if dinner option selected)
Exclusions for New Year’s Day Danube Symphony Cimbalon Concert With Optional Danube River Dinner Cruise
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Spiced cottage cheese cream and traditional greaves (traditional creamy bacon sauce)
- Goulash with noodles
- Vegetable soup with tarragon and noodles
- Stuffed cabbage rolls
- Roasted chicken breast marinated with basil and served with cheese sauce
- Spicy pork ribs marinated with thyme and served with mustard sauce
- Traditional paprika-seasoned chicken
- Roasted fish served with Chardonnay sauce
- Grilled polenta with feta cheese
- Homemade spinach dumplings served with mustard and mushroom sauce
- Fresh seasonal salad with a selection of dressings
- Italian pasta salad
- Caesar salad
- Hash browns and roasted potatoes
- Grilled vegetables
- Steamed jasmine rice with corn
- Homemade strudel
- Trifle-style sponge cake
- Traditional European dessert and miniature tart platter
- Seasonal fruit basket
Hector Berlioz: Rákóczi March (Orchestra)
Zoltán Kodály: Intermezzo–from opera Háry János (Orchestra)
Johannes Brahms: HungarianDancesNo. 5. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo)
Béla Bartók: Roumanian Folk Dances ( Orchestra)
Ferenc Erkel: Palotás – from the opera Hunyadi László (Orchestra)
Franz Liszt: Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2. (Orchestra with cimbalom solo)
Franz Lehár: Eva-Waltz (Ballett Ensemble)
Emmerich Kálmán:The Czardas Queen– „Dasist die Liebe”
Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow- Medley ( Orchestra)
Franz Lehár: The Merry Widow– „Grisetten Lied und Kan-Kan (Ballett Ensemble)
Grigoraş Ionică Dinicu: The nightingale ( Gypsy Band )
A csitári hegyek alatt… (Hungarian Folksong, Gypsy Band)
Vittorio Monti: Czardas (Gypsy Band)
Emmerich Kalman: The Devil-rider– Palotás ( Orchestra, Ballett Ensemble)
Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „Komm mit nach Varazdin”
Johann Strauss jr.:Long live the Magyar! Op. 332. ( Orchestra)Emmerich Kálmán: Countess Mariza– „Braunes Mädel von der Pussta” ( Ballett Ensemble)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
The repertoire covering musical styles such as operetta, gipsy music and Hungarian related classical music, the Danube Symphony Orchestra leads the grandiose concert, in cooperation with professional ballet dancers.
The program includes operetta songs performed by soloists of the world-famous Budapest Operetta Theatre
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.