New York City 1920's Literary Walk
OverviewThe Algonquin Round Table and Jazz Age writers comes alive in the only walking tour devoted to the famed literary group. It met from 1919-1929 and is Americas most well-known group of writers, led by Dorothy Parker and Robert Benchley. We will also see sites related to F. Scott and Zelda Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, Eugene O'Neill, James Thurber, Dawn Powell, and more. The tour begins and ends inside the world-famous Algonquin Hotel, a national literary landmark. This 2.5-hour tour encompasses twenty blocks to explore notable locations. Not only will you get a taste of New York history, but youll also be on a wonderful sightseeing tour and stroll the streets of Midtown, Hell's Kitchen, Times Square, the Theatre District, and Rockefeller Center.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Walk in the footsteps of the legendary wits Franklin P. Adams, Robert Benchley, Heywood Broun, Edna Ferber, George S. Kaufman, Harpo Marx, Dorothy Parker, Harold Ross, Alexander Woollcott, and the rest of the Vicious Circle. The tour explore the architectural and historical stories of the buildings and landmarks linked to them.
Talk about the great books of the era: The Great Gatsby, A Farewell to Arms, So Big, and more. This is a tour of literary Manhattan and the most famous writers of the era. We will also visit three places where The New Yorker was created from 1925-1991.
Its a great way to learn about the past and also see how little has changed in more than two hundred years.
This tour is designed for tourists, locals, families, and groups of friends. Youll visit more than thirty locations and come away with a new appreciation for the area. It is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Inclusions for New York City 1920's Literary Walk
- Professional licensed guide
- Guide is a published author
- Private guided walking tour
Exclusions for New York City 1920's Literary Walk
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Sopranos Sites Tour
- Gossip Girl Sites Tour
- New York City Airport Luxury Departure Transfer
- Private Economy Arrival Transfer: New York Airports to Manhattan Hotels
- Private Economy Departure Transfer: Manhattan Hotels to New York Airports
- New York City Original Rock 'n' Roll Walking Tour
- Private New York City Transfer: Cruise Port to Airport
- Paint New York Icon and Exhibit