New York City Titanic TourWrite a Review
OverviewOn this New York City Titanic Tour you will discover the indelible legacy the Titanic left upon these shores. There is so much to experience and learn on this tour about this singular tragedy; the competition between Cunard Lines and White Star Lines, David Sarnoff’s telegraph claim, the iceberg collision, the conditions that night, the ship in pop culture, the immense size of the vessel, the ship’s luxurious amenities, the overlooked ice warnings, and survivors. At the end of the tour you will stand at the foot of Pier 54 where the S.S. Carpathia docked, bearing the 712 surviving souls of the disaster.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe Titanic tour begins with a hotel pickup or at another confirmed meeting spot.
Start at Astor Place, where the old Wanamaker’s department store once stood. Proceed on foot past buildings and churches in the West Village that have connections to the Titanic. Also, visit the Jane Hotel, where the surviving crewmembers were housed and then later participated in the initial inquiry into the ship’s sinking. It's hard to fathom the deep connections that New York City has to this lost ship, some apparent and some only illuminated by a skillful and talented guide.
Almost everywhere one looks, there are remarkable connections to the ship and her passengers. There are tall buildings to compare its size to, hospitals and hotels where survivors were taken, and churches where relatives prayed for the souls of their lost loved ones.
With an acknowledged Titanic expert as the tour guide, journey back through time. Try to imagine the air crackling with the news that the Titanic had sunk, with great loss of life. Imagine the sadness of friends and relatives as they await the Carpathia, praying that their loved ones had survived the tragedy.
The guide recreates those moments that continue to resonate to this day.
Inclusions for New York City Titanic Tour
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
Exclusions for New York City Titanic Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Price shown is per group (six participants maximum)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.