This tour is the best way to combine a great food experience while exploring New York sights. Discover charming East Village and Greenwich Village neighborhoods and see its main attractions and places of interest.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
This tour can be customized to make it a unique experience for you. Your private local guide will meet you in the hotel lobby and discuss the tour itinerary with you at the beginning of the tour.
Begin your tour at Tompkins Park. Since being founded in 1850, it has seen numerous events including insurrections, conflicts between police and emigrants or homeless people. But nowadays nothing reminds you about these events. Just enjoy this quiet green zone with lovely atmosphere and beautiful plants including a great collection of elm-trees.
Then cozy up at one of the best coffee places of the city chosen for you by your local guide. You’ll have a chance to choose the place you like and enjoy a cup of coffee or tea with mouth-watering desserts.
After a sweet break plunge into Japanese culture while visiting Little Tokyo neighborhood. This is a piece of Japan in the center of New York. Experience a unique mix of cultures in this authentic place.
See legendary New York University which is alma mater to probably the highest numbers of students in the world annually. Being highly prestigious, this University produces a great quantity of millionaires, billionaires and winners of various awards including 36 Nobel Prize Winners.
After feeling the spirit of knowledge, students’ life and success, chill out while having a stroll at Father Demo Square and Minetta Garden – small and lovely green zones with a beautiful landscape, soothing green colors and relaxing vibes.
Have a walk along charming Bleecker Street which has saved its old fascination. Small stores, a great variety of restaurants and cafes of all cuisines, historic landmarks like Bayard–Condict Building built in 1899 or Our Lady of Pompeii Church built in 1929 and bohemian atmosphere will make you fall in love with this wonderful place.
To continue your food destination take your time to visit one of numerous stores to buy high-quality products. The choice is really wide: Raffetto’s Pasta shop founded in 1906, Italian Faicco Market, a treasury of coffee and tea - McNulty's Tea and Coffee founded in 1895, Murray’s Cheese or Rocco’s Pastry with extremely tasty cakes. The guide will advise you the top places to buy food in New York.
Now it's time to check if Italian food in New York is same delicious as in Italy. Have a lunch at La Lanterna di Vittorio with any traditional dish of your choice like pasta, lasagna, pizza, carpaccio, panini… Great service, the food to die for, beautiful interior and a small romantic garden – this is one-of-a-kind food experience to have in New York.
Complete your tour at Washington Square Park – a pretty green zone with monumental Triumphal Arch and beautiful fountain. Explore the life of New Yorkers and feel yourself like a local here.
After the tour get recommendations from your guide of how to have a good time in Greenwich Village.
Inclusions for New York Food Tour
- Private tour
- Food as outlined in description
- Friendly and professional local guide
- Multiple start times available
- Expert advice where to go and what to do after the tour
- Iconic places for photo shoot
- Flexible customizable itinerary
- Must-see attractions and off the beaten path
- Meeting in the hotel lobby
Exclusions for New York Food Tour
- Extra food, not included in the tour description
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Private walking tour with the use of metro
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The tour can be modified to meet your preferences
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Choice of restaurants is subject to change
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.