OverviewView many varieties of whales which include the giant blue whale which is over 90 feet in length, humpback whales, gray whales, finback whales whales, several types of dolphin, seals, and other neat marine life. Â Just outside of Newport Bay is the beginning of one of the largest marine protected areas in southern California created to protect this rich ecosystem for future generations. The protected marine sanctuary covers over 15 miles and provides a haven for all marine creatures including whales and dolphin. Â With such amazing habitat for mammals so close to Newport Bay, whale watching cruises of 2-2.5 hours is all that is needed for viewing these giants. Newport Landing offers multiple whale watching cruises daily and with a 96% success rate viewing whales and/or dolphins, almost every trip will have viewing opportunities.
*New for 2016 is our brand new double decker whale watching catamaran with bow seating, upper and lower deck 360 views, and much more.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Family friendly
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
Know More about this tour
Whale watching & dolphin cruises depart from the famous Balboa Boardwalk on Newport Harbor in Newport Beach. Check in about 40 minutes before your departure time and receive your boarding passes. Once on-board it is only a quick 15 minute cruise through Newport Bay before exiting and immediately entering the marine sanctuary where whale and dolphin sightings begin.
Whales and/or dolphin maybe encountered immediately or make take longer to locate depending on the mammals. During your whale watching cruise the whale watching captain & on-board naturalist will provide neat details about the mammals being encountered as well as the marine habitat and lots of other neat details. The giant marine park just outside Newport Bay also happens to have some of the most scenic coastline in California traveling along the Newport Beach and Laguna Beach coastlines.
While on your whale watching cruise refreshments of all types are available in the larger indoor salon for purchase at any point of your cruise. Photos and drone video of your trip/mammals sighted are also available for purchase as you return to Newport Bay from your whale watching cruise.
Inclusions for Newport Beach Whale And Dolphin Watching Cruise
- Sightseeing cruise
- Landing and facility fees
Exclusions for Newport Beach Whale And Dolphin Watching Cruise
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.