Niagara Falls USA Amish Heritage TourWrite a Review
The busier our lives get, the more fascinating the Amish become. The Plain People, as they are sometimes called, enjoy full and rich lives despite lacking most of the modern conveniences we take for granted. While most of us wouldn't want to join their world forever, traveling in Amish Country gives visitors the chance to sample the simplicity and harmony of an earlier eraÂ -1525 Switzerland.Â About 250,000 Amish live in the United States. While traditionally they've been farmers, many now operate small businesses ranging from furniture making and baking to quilting and market gardening. This tour embeds the visitor squarely in the heart of Amish country in the picturesque Conewango Valley in New York'sÂ Southern Tier where they will have a chance to experience and purchase food, culture and crafts.Â So slow down and recharge while touring Amish Country with us.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Family friendly
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
This 6-hour adventure begins with central pick-ups in both Buffalo and Niagara Falls NY usingÂ a 15-passenger Van. The scenic 1 1/2 hour drive along the Western Shore of Lake Erie en-route to Amish country is narrated on the topic of the Underground Railroad and its connections and sites inÂ New York States Southern Tier and it'sÂ possible connections to the Amish communities. We arrive at the Leon Historical Society's 1836 church building in Leon for welcome and historic orientation to the Amish Community of Western New York's Conewango Valley along with Amish donuts and coffee. We then re-board the van to begin our 5-hour tour stopping at sites to experience culture, purchase crafts andÂ bake goodsÂ while taking in the landscape. Make sure you bring cash for purchases as Amish products are extremely inexpensive, hand-madeÂ and one of a kind. There are no computer terminals to process credit cards, everything is done as in the early 20th century.Â A box lunch will be provided as we move around Amish country. Space will also be provided for items purchased as the tour concludes and we travel back to our pick-up locations.Â
Inclusions for Niagara Falls USA Amish Heritage Tour
- Guided Amish Heritage Tour
- Amish Breakfast (coffee & Donuts)
- 14- Passenger Van
- Box Lunch
- All admissions
- Central Pick-Up
Exclusions for Niagara Falls USA Amish Heritage Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please be prepared to be picked up from central pick-up locations approximately 15 minutes prior to the tourâs departure time
This tour departs from downtown Niagara Falls NY USA and downtown Buffalo NY
Not wheelchair accessible
A minimum of two people per booking is required
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.