Night Safari In The Dubai Desert Conservation ReserveWrite a Review
OverviewEscape the city and venture into the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve for an off-road adventure at night. Contrary to popular belief, the desert is brimming with life, especially at night. Many desert dwelling species have fascinating adaptations to survive in what can be at times a harsh environment. You will have the opportunity to view the nocturnal species and gain a greater understanding of how they live and survive.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- See the sights illuminated at night
Know More about this tour
In the early evening, depart your central Dubai hotel by air-conditioned 4 wheel drive vehicle. Your knowledgeable and experienced safari guide will point out landmarks of Dubai and share a wealth of local knowledge about the desert, its history and importance as you drive out to the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve. After approximately 45 minutes you will enter the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, a unique reserve, funded by its visitors to conserve the natural beauty and biodiversity of the Arabian Desert.
Equipped with a spotlight,UV light and binoculars, your safari guide will drive through the dunes to seek out the nocturnal creatures who come out in the cool night to forage and feed. Under expert supervision, track scorpions in the sand - the fascinating glow of a scorpions exoskeleton under the UVlight is captivating. The spotlight will pick up the glowing eyes of the plethora of resident rodents and even spiders and with binoculars you can zoom in and track and see the numerous creatures up close. Your guide will answer all your questions about the wildlife, and the role conservation plays in protecting them.
End the night with a beverage orhot chocolate while star-gazing through our telescopes and learn about the constellations in the Arabian night sky. Your Safari ends with a return trip to Dubai to be dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Night Safari In The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Safari guide
- Dune Drive in the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Scorpion tracking
- Soft drinks
- Hot chocolate or a beverage
Exclusions for Night Safari In The Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve
- Any items not mentioned
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Bring a jacket in the winter; the desert can be cool at night
Wear closed sports shoes
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A portion of your fee supports local conservation
Children are 2-11 years and adults are 12 years and above
Our safari vehicles are long wheelbase off-road cars that are fitted with seat belts, roll cages and air-conditioning and are licensed to carry up to six passengers, excluding the driver. By law, all passengers must wear seat belts while the vehicle is in motion.
There are special considerations for children travelling in our off-road vehicles. Guests under 2 years of age will not be allowed to participate in any activity involving a physical dune drive or other off-road safaris.
For the safety of our younger passengers in the off-road vehicles special seating is required and must be requested and booked in advance, as below:
Minimum age is 2 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.