See the best of St Peter's Basilica in Vatican City entering with a priority-access ticket, the self-guided tour lets you decide what you want to visit and when. As you walk, hear tales of the popes, pilgrims and legendary artists who, throughout history, have helped make St Peter's Basilica the awe-inspiring place it is today.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourOften regarded as the holiest site in Christendom, St Peter's Square marks the heart of Vatican City — Rome's famous papal enclave. Designed by baroque architect Gian Lorenzo Bernini, the distinctive square is flanked on either side by a stone colonnade, said to represent Christ's open arms symbolically welcoming the world into the Catholic Church.
Collect your audio guide in St Peter's Square, and make your way toward the entrance to St Peter's Basilica. As you go, admire several sites of significance, including the northern fountain and the impressive obelisk that dates back to 13th-century BC Egypt.
Then, head inside the main attraction: St Peter's Basilica. Reputedly built on the very ground where St Peter the Apostle was crucified, the church started out as a humble chapel to which Christian pilgrims flocked. What features you see and when you see them is up to you. Use your audio guide to learn about what interests you most, and enjoy seeing the church's sights at your pace.
Over time, the church has evolved to become as ornate as it is sacred, home to priceless works of art. After skipping the long lines, head straight in and gaze up in wonder at the incredible cupolone — the church’s dome -— created by colorful Renaissance sculptor Michelangelo. You'll also see his beautiful La Pietà sculpture, as well as various mosaic works.
Stop at the statue of St Peter and kiss or rub his foot for a blessing, before walking over to the tomb of Pope John Paul II. As you continue through the church, admire Bernini’s lavish, bronze canopy altar, known as the baldacchino. Positioned right in the center of the building, the altar marks the tomb of St Peter underneath.
Your tour finishes inside St Peter's Basilica. When you are done with your audio equipment, return it to the start point.
Click on the 'View additional info' button to download a map of the start point.
Inclusions for No Wait Access: St Peter's Basilica With Audio Guide
- No Wait Access Entrance
- Audio tour
Exclusions for No Wait Access: St Peter's Basilica With Audio Guide
- Ticket to the Cupola is not included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Headphones (you can use your own or buy them at the desk for €1,00)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
NO Ticket is needed to enter St. Peter. Basilica. This is an Audio-guide service with No wait access entrance to the Basilica.
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Please note: Due to religious celebrations, the venue might be not accessible on the day of your tour; it is recommended that you contact the local operator to avoid any inconvenience
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour