No Wait Dedicated Access: Vatican Necropolis And St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour - Rome
OverviewStart your 2.5 hour tour the right way with your small group into St. Peter's Basilica to meet your official Vatican guides. Enjoy the greatest masterpieces of all time from inside the Basilica and explore the magic of the early Christian necropolis that oversees the mortal remains of the Apostle Peter.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Small-group tour
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
Meet the representative at St. Peter's Square at 11:15am before being walked in to the Basilica.
The Vatican Necropolis - located 10 meters beneath St. Peter's Basilica, below the level of the Vatican Grottoes and in the central nave of the Basilica itself - is a Roman cemetery, placed next to the Neros Circus, where coexist graves dating back to the period between I and IV century (both pagan and Christian). Guests can walk the streets and admire the revered sites from the early Christian civilization and can make the pilgrimage of all the pilgrimages: here are buried the remains of the Apostle Peter, the first "pope" of Christianity.
At the end of the Necropolis tour, you can go up in the Basilica. Saint Peter is the main temple of Christianity and is in Renaissance style with a central dome that dominates the skyline of Rome. As soon as you step across its threshold, you will see that its interior is much larger than any other cathedral.
You start with one of the greatest masterpieces of all time: the Michelangelo's Pieta and soon after you will have the opportunity to pay homage to the tomb of St. John Paul II.
In the heart of the Basilica, under the high altar and the famous Bernini's Canopy, you can discover the "Confession" or "Chapel of Confession", which takes its name from St. Peter's declaration of faith that leads to the site of the martyrdom.
You will see that the entire interior of St. Peter is richly decorated with marble, bas-reliefs, sculptures, mosaics and gilded stucco work: nothing is comparable in elegance and magnificence.
Inclusions for No Wait Dedicated Access: Vatican Necropolis And St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Reserved entrance
- Vatican official guides
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for No Wait Dedicated Access: Vatican Necropolis And St. Peter's Basilica Guided Tour
- Guided or audio-guided tour of the Cupola (Dome)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Clothing MUST be suitable for the HOLY place: PLEASE BE AWARE you NEED long trousers for men and skirts under your knees or trousers for women. Shoulders ALWAYS covered for everyone. GUESTS THAT DO NOT RESPECT THE DRESS CODE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE NECROPOLIS.
Please note that bulky items (suitcases, bulky envelopes, bags of any size etc.) and photographic equipment are not permitted. Please arrive at the designated meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time and present your voucher to the coordinator/guide. It is the individual responsibility of all visitors to arrive at the tour departure point on time.
Minimum age is 15 years
Not wheelchair accessible
During the visit of the underground burial visitors may be affected by the altered environmental conditions of temperature and humidity. Those who have special physical problems, subject to increase under these conditions, including claustrophobia, are advised not to access the visit.
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Emergency phone number for the customer: +39 34 84852 868
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience