Nob Hill Walking Tour In San Francisco With Optional Lunch
OverviewFor more than a century, San Franciscos Nob hill has been associated with the upper crust, the beau monde. Take a guided walking tour to admire the neighborhood's most distinctive landmarks including the exclusive Fairmont Hotel and Mark Hopkins Hotel, majestic Grace cathedral and serene Huntington Park, as well as posh mansions, the famous cable cars and sweeping views of San francisco Bay. As you explore one of the citys most affluent neighborhoods, your expert guide will entertain you with historical anecdotes about the areas rise to fortune and fame. Complete your afternoon with lunch at Nob Hill Cafe.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour tour departs from the San Francisco Cable Car Museum at 11am. From here, your expert guide will narrate the history of this distinctive neighborhood, one of San Francisco's famous "Seven Hills", while taking you to the areas most iconic and historical landmarks.
Learn about this affluent neighborhoods rise to fortune, staring in the mid-1800s with gold, silver and the Central Pacific Railroad. Youll discover the interesting little-known fact that the name Nob comes from the area's earliest settlers, deriving from a Hindi word for a very wealthy or powerful person.
After the infamous 1906 earthquake and fire, nearly every mansion in Nob Hill was destroyed. The hill rose from complete devastation to showcase the most exclusive and posh hotels in the city. Near the famous intersection of California Street and Powell Street, youll stand in awe of the Fairmont Hotel, the Mark Hopkins Hotel, the Stanford Court and the Huntington Hotel.
Admire majestic Grace Cathedral, one of the citys largest places of worship. Pass Masonic Temple, the glamorous Ritz Carlton, the stately Brockleback Apartments, serene Huntington Park and the Pacific Union Club, the former James Clair Flood Mansion.
Along the way, youll be entertained by stories of San Franciscos pioneers, aristocrats and tycoons, as well as the events that helped shape this iconic neighborhood, all while enjoying lovely views of the surrounding San Francisco Bay.
After your Nob Hill walking tour, youre invited to enjoy lunch at Nob Hill Cafe.
Inclusions for Nob Hill Walking Tour In San Francisco With Optional Lunch
- 1.5-hour walking tour
- Professional guide
- Lunch (if option selected)
Exclusions for Nob Hill Walking Tour In San Francisco With Optional Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
If lunch option is selected, please advise at time of booking any dietary restrictions in the Special Requirements field
Children under 13 years are not recommended
Walking tour covers hilly terrain with some steep areas. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ultimate Day in San Francisco - Includes Official Alcatraz Tour and Muir Woods
- San Francisco City Tour with Alcatraz - Includes Official Alcatraz Tour
- Yosemite One Day by Train and Bus in Park 4 Hours
- Yosemite Transportation One Way from San Francisco area to Yosemite Valley
- Private Wine Tour to Napa & Sonoma from San Francisco with Certified Wine Guide
- Electric Tuk-Tuk San Francisco Highlight Tour
- 2-Day Alcatraz, Muir Woods and Sonoma Wine Tour with Aquarium
- 2-day Alcatraz with Aquarium and Small-Group Muir Woods with Sonoma Wine Tour