Go behind the scenes of North Beach’s food scene on this insider food and wine walking tour. Your expert guide will lead you on an easy evening walk to popular and hidden spots that only locals know about to enjoy hearty food tastings paired with wine and a cocktail. Sample cheese, wood-fired pizza, delicate handmade cannoli and gourmet sweets. You'll meet the owners, learn local tips, and hear stories about this neighborhood’s interesting history, from the Gold Rush to the Prohibition era to today.
This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring a more personalized experience.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet in the Jackson Square neighborhood – a 10-minute walk from Downtown San Francisco – in the late afternoon to start your walking tour. Come hungry, as you’ll be getting lots of food on this 3-hour tour, which follows a flat, easy route.
Following your expert local guide, delve behind the scenes of Little Italy’s food and restaurant scene, hearing fascinating historical facts and stories along the way, like how this neighborhood was once part of the Barbary Coast – San Francisco’s red-light district in the 1800s during the California Gold Rush. You'll also visit hidden Prohibition-era tunnels where booze was smuggled into the city.
Though you’ll learn a lot of interesting history, this tour is about the food. Enjoy a wine and cheese pairing at a trendy wine bar – your glass will be poured directly from the barrel. Then, indulge in an Italian wood-fired pizza made in the oldest pizza oven on the West Coast; built in 1935, this treasured tool was copied by Wolfgang Puck at Spago and Alice Waters at Chez Panisse. Pair your slice with a glass of private-label Syrah.
Pop into a gourmet boutique shop for a sweet-and-savory treat such as artisan agave caramel drizzled over popcorn -- yum! Top your culinary journey off with a visit to a historic Italian bookshop-turned-café, where you'll fill your own delicate cannoli with an Italian cannoli maker.
You’ll find that all the tastings add up to a satisfying meal. Your tour ends in the evening a few blocks from your original departure point, where you’re free to continue exploring this fabulous San Francisco neighborhood bustling with vibrant nightlife.
Please note: Places visited and tastings are subject to change based on availability.
Inclusions for North Beach Culinary Experience With Alcohol Pairing
- Live commentary
- Glass of wine and a cocktail
- Food tastings
Exclusions for North Beach Culinary Experience With Alcohol Pairing
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Must be 21 years or older to drink alcohol
Vegetarian options available
Locations visited are subject to change
Tours run rain or shine; please dress appropriately
You might also like
- Yosemite National Park And Giant Sequoias Trip
- Napa And Sonoma Wine Country Tour
- Yosemite National Park Day Trip From San Francisco
- Muir Woods, Giant Redwoods And Sausalito Half-Day Trip
- Muir Woods Tour Of California Coastal Redwoods
- Big Bus San Francisco Hop-on Hop-off Tour
- San Francisco Vista Grande Helicopter Tour
- Skip The Line: California Academy Of Sciences General Admission Ticket
- San Francisco Downtown, Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Parks And Beach, Sausalito And Night Tour
- San Francisco Tour Golden Gate Parks And Beach Loop