North West Adventures 7days 6 Nights - HanoiWrite a Review
Only recommended to picture-hunting visitors and adventurers, who have long time in Northern Vietnam and love eco-tours, prefer to explore remote areas and the customs of hill tribal people. The tour is all about contemplating the most splendid part of Vietnam including limestone mountains ranges, incredible terraced paddy fields, and dozens of various ethnics including H’mong, Tay, Black Thai, White Thai, Muong, and Yao. This tour is very easy to combine with other excursion in the Central and South of Vietnam.
- We visit some village, learn more about the Thai and experience their hospitality from our stay in their stilts house
- We will visit villages and meet more tribal people here along our journey to Dien Bien Phu city
- Roading through the Lai Chau valley is both breathtaking and dramatic, hugging rice terraced mountainsides
- Trekking and homestay in Sapa
Know More about this tour
Day 1 - Ha Noi - Mai Chau (160 km) (L/D): Car
We start from your hotel and hit the road through some traffic of Ha Noi, As soon we get out of town (10 km), and we will already view the country life of Vietnam. We head toward Hoa Binh province; we pass through a region of spectacular limestone mountains, passes, valleys and wind our way down hills to Mai Chau valley of the Thai people. We will spend the afternoon to walk around the village, learn more about the Thai and experience their hospitality from our stay in their stilts house. Have dinner, try the rice wine drunk with a rod and enjoy the traditional dances. Sleep in their house.
Day 2 - Mai Chau – Moc Chau - Son La (160 km) : (B/L/D): Car
Today, we will drive about the same distance as we made to Mai Chau. The road to Son La is lined with fruit orchards, tea plantations, and towering mountains. It's chance to meet and talk to the black Thai, white Thai, H’mong and Muong hill tribe people on their way to work or local markets. In the afternoon, we visit the Prison Museum in Son La, which remains as a poignant reminder of the inequities of the former French colonial rule. Have dinner and sleep in the hotel.
Day 3 - Son La - Dien Bien Phu (170 km) (B/L/D): Car
The further we drive, the more impressive the mountain scenery will be. We will visit villages and meet more tribal people here along our journey to Dien Bien Phu city. Stop for lunch in Tuan Giao. Then go to Dien Bien and enjoy the wonderful scenery in Pha Din pass. Dien Bien Phu - the last base of the French power in Indochina. We will visit monuments, museums…and preserved bunkers will tell the story of the final and victorious liberating battle of 1954. Dinner and free to explore nightlife in this remote mountain city. Stay overnight in Muong Thanh Hotel.
Day 4 - Dien Bien Phu – Lai Chau - Tam Duong (200 km) (B/L/D): Car
With about 6 – 7 hours, today we'll go to Lai Chau. Our drive is sometimes steep and often rugged, the road through the Lai Chau valley is both breathtaking and dramatic, hugging rice terraced mountainsides and fording turbulent rivers, our road travel are visually spectacular. On this day, you'll have a chance to see the most beautiful hill tribes in Northern Vietnam such as H'Mong, Black Thai, Black Dzao, and Pazi. Dinner and sleep in the town of Tam Duong.
Day 5 - Tam Duong – Sapa (B/L/D): Car
A small walk around this peaceful town and the market before hitting the road up hills as we go to the Tram Ton pass- the highest mountain pass in Viet Nam. As rewarded, we will have the magnificent views of the great mountains, passes and valleys and experience a dramatic change of climate as we mount approaching Sapa – an old French hill station and a busy market town for the regional minority groups. The town is encircled with towering peaks and often shrouded in cloud. The air here is very cool and crisp. Check in a hotel with comfort and free to explore this famous town of Sapa.
Day 6 - Sapa, Trek And Homestay (B/L/D): Car
(5-6 hours)Ride along the rugged but spectacular road down hills from Sapa, we will be dropped at the village of the Zay people. From here, we are trekking & hiking along the paddy fields and villages crossing streams. You will be introduced about different ways of life as we enjoy the genuine hospitality of these hill tribe people. We'll end our trek today at a Tay village called Ban Ho where we will stay with the family here. A truly satisfying day will be filled with the insight and the beauty of nature.
Day 7 - More Trek And Jeep Back To Sapa, Night Train To Hanoi (B/L/-): Car - Train
Goodbye with the family and take a short trek this morning before the jeep brings us back into town of Sapa. Your full afternoon is free in town for relaxing, shopping...Our driver will then say goodbye to you after bringing you to the train station of Lao Cai. We depart at 8.50 p.m on AC soft sleeper class to Hanoi – a sound and safe train journey will be arriving to Hanoi at 5.00 a.m. Tour ends here. Thanks for traveling with ODC Travel.
Inclusions for North West Adventures 7days 6 Nights
• English speaking guide
• Train ticket Lao Cai - Hanoi (Soft sleeper with A/C – 4 persons in one cabin)
• Entrance fees
Exclusions for North West Adventures 7days 6 Nights
• Travel insurance
• Extra food and beverages
• Phone and laundry
• Tips and personal expenses
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.