Northern Ireland Day Trip From Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour And Giant's Causeway
OverviewLeave Dublin and travel by luxury coach to Belfast for a black cab tour, followed by a trip to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giants Causeway and the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge. From the comfort of your black cab, tour Northern Ireland's capital, seeing all the landmark sites, including the Belfast Docks and the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods. After learning about Belfasts political history, travel along the Antrim Coastal Drive, stopping to explore the famous rock formations of the Giants Causeway and to take the perilous walk across the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge.
Know More about this tourIn the early morning, your guide will pick you up from selected centrally located pickup points and then drive you north out of the city by luxury coach. After a journey of roughly two hours, arrive in Belfast, the capital of Northern Ireland, in time for your black cab tour.
On a route around the city, listen to your guide talk through the highs and lows of Belfasts fascinating political history. Hear of its industrial roots, the past four decades of civil unrest, and of its current regeneration; many say the citys heyday is still to come.
Look out for several of the top Belfast attractions, like the Harland and Wolff shipyard, where the Titanic was built, and Belfast Docks, where numerous ships were made in the city's industrial days. See political murals as you pass through the Falls and Shankill neighborhoods where Belfasts Unionist and Nationalist cultures live on opposing sides of the divide. Pull over for a closer look at several key locations, including the Peace Wall, where you can sign your name next to legendary peacemakers, such as Nelson Mandela and Bill Clinton.
After a break to take refreshments in the city (own expense), leave Belfast behind and hit the road to the Northern Irish coast. Following a route known as the Antrim Coastal Drive, pass spectacular scenery including stony shores, densely wooded glens and picture-perfect harbors. Pause to marvel at Dunluce Castle, a medieval ruin perched precariously atop a bluff on the coast. Fans of hit TV show Game of Thrones may recognize it as the setting for the House of Greyjoy.
After driving for roughly two hours, arrive at the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Giants Causeway, where youll have two hours to explore at leisure. Created more than 60 million years ago after a series of volcanic eruptions, the causeway is best known for its distinctive rock formations that span nearly 18 miles (29 km) of coastline.
Continue on to Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, which links the mainland to Carrick-a-Rede Island. Steel yourself for a heart-stopping walk across the swaying bridge, as the Atlantic Ocean waves pound into the cliffs below. The surrounding headlands were also used for filming several Game of Thrones scenes.
On the journey back to Dublin take a brief stop in the pretty town of Castlebelingham to stretch your legs, before arriving back to central Dublin in the evening.
Inclusions for Northern Ireland Day Trip From Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour And Giant's Causeway
- Transport by luxury air-conditioned coach with free WiFi
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Transport by black cab in Belfast
- Private guide
- Entry to old Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge
Exclusions for Northern Ireland Day Trip From Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour And Giant's Causeway
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Good walking shoes and all weather clothing recommended
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise one of the available pickup locations upon check out in the special requirements field
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Boyne Valley, Trim Castle & Hill of Tara - One Day Tour from Dublin
- Strolling Through Ulysses!
- Donegal Day Tour FROM Dublin
- Luxury Shore Excursion: Dublin Highlights and Glendalough Day Trip from Dublin
- Wifi everywhere in Dublin
- Dublin Smiles Air Tour
- Full Day Bike Rental
- 7 Day Crozier - North Ireland Adventure