Spend a day exploring northern Lanzarote and escape the well-trodden tourist trails of the island’s south! With a friendly local guide, discover the island’s ancient capital of Teguise village (Villa de Teguise), and ogle impressive views from the Peñas del Chach vantage point. Visit Lagomar and LanzaAloe, an aloe vera plantation in Orzola; enjoy free time at Jameos del Agua, a swanky cave-turned-resort; and visit the César Manrique Foundation (own expense) to learn all about the much-loved local artist.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourAfter a pickup from Puerto del Carmen, Playa Blanca, Costa Teguise, Puerto Calero or Arrecife meeting points, travel onward through Teguise village, the island’s ancient capital. Admire its historical architecture and hear about Teguise in the 16th century when the village is thought to have been founded.
Continue to Peñas del Chach, one of the island’s highest peaks, near the cliffs of Famara on the island’s northwestern shores. Hop out of your coach for a photo, and gaze down at views of the undulating coastline set against the blue waves of the North Atlantic Ocean. With your guide, look out for the oasis of Haria, a lush little area known locally as the Valley of a Thousand Palms. Locals traditionally plant palm trees at the spot to mark the birth of a child.
Visit Lagomar, one of the island's most renowned places which is a museum, art gallery, bar and restaurant. This astonishing property was conceived by Cesar Manrique, Lanzarote's greatest artist and architect. Its design was based on the One Thousand and One Arabian Nights tale, with its white stone walls integrated into the volcanic scenery and vegetation of the area.
Afterwards, head to Orzola and visit LanzaAloe. Here, see acres of fragrant aloe vera plants being grown and harvested. Learn about the soothing properties of the plants and hear how the Canary Islands’ climate and terrain is well suited to aloe vera production.
Follow up with a visit to Jameos del Agua, an idyllic beach cave on the coast. Complete with shops, cafes, subterranean walkways and a volcanic museum, the cave-turned-resort was designed by local artist Manrique. Enjoy some free time to explore, and then travel to your final stop, the César Manrique Foundation. Entrance to the small museum is at your own expense, but the displays are well worth the fee. See how the artist adapted five volcanic bubbles into rooms at his house, and learn all about his life’s work on the island.
In the late afternoon, return to southern Lanzarote and finish your day with a drop-off at the meeting point.
Inclusions for Northern Lanzarote Day Trip
- Pickup and drop-off from meeting point
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees to Lagomar and LanzaAloe
Exclusions for Northern Lanzarote Day Trip
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fee to the César Manrique Foundation (8 euros per adult; 4 euros per child)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Not wheelchair accessible
This excursion has multi-lingual departures, some departures might use the same vehicle for two language groups
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.