OverviewThe Northern Lights Cruise will sail you out into the dark blue wonder of Faxaflói bay in search of this mystical phenomenon, leaving behind the bright city lights of the capital Reykjavík. Our expert guide will be at hand to answer your questions while you enjoy Mother Nature's lights show and starry skies wrapped up in a warm overall.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe Northern Lights Cruise commences at our ticket office by the Ægisgarður pier in the Old Harbour in downtown Reykjavik.
A guide will meet you in the Whale Watching Centre, which is facilitated on board an old fishing vessel permanently placed by the pier. At night it takes on a magical form with a multimedia northern lights show. The 10 minute show includes images, time-lapse footage of the lights while explaining the science behind the northern lights.
On the tour we will take you out into the dark blue yonder of Faxaflói bay in search for the mystical phenomenon we call the Aurora Borealis or Northern Lights, leaving behind the bright city lights of the capital Reykjavík. Watching the lights constantly change in intensity, colour and movement in the vast starry space with the gentle lull of the ocean beneath is a thrilling, unique experience. Northern lights are best displayed under dark, clear skies. Our open top viewing decks provide the perfect platform for witnessing the dazzling spectacle while our heated indoor lounge is a great place to take a break and warm up in between sightings.
Our expert guide will be at hand to answer your questions while you enjoy Mother Nature’s light show and starry skies wrapped up in a warm overall with a hot drink in hand.
Inclusions for Northern Lights Cruise From Downtown Reykjavík
- Excellent guidance
- Warm floatable overalls
- Multimedia show
- Wi-Fi on board
Exclusions for Northern Lights Cruise From Downtown Reykjavík
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Northern lights are a natural phenomenon and very unpredictable, so remember to bring patience and optimism with you.
If the northern lights are not seen on your tour you will be given a complimentary ticket, which is valid for two years.
Weather is a bit factor for the Northern Lights Cruises and we may have to cancel the tour.
We recommend wearing good sturdy footwear and warm clothing including; thermals, hat, scarf and gloves.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.