Northern Lights Hunt In A Super Jeep - Reykjavik
OverviewMake your winter visit to Iceland unforgettable by exploring the mysterious Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis, in this four-hour tour. Beginning with the pickup at your hotel, you will search for the Northern Lights in a big build super jeep, specially modified in Iceland to be able to deal with the tough surroundings in the highland and on glaciers. Only 12 passengers can fit in each vehicle. Your English-speaking driver/guide will give you informative commentary about the Northern Lights, as well as useful tips about how to photograph the lights. Make sure you book your Northern Lights tour in Iceland for your first night in town in order to maximize your chances of sightings.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter the complimentary pick up at 8.30 pm at your hotel in Reykjavik we head away from the city lights. The locations visited during the Northern Lights tour vary from day to day depending on weather conditions and aurora forecast, but you can expect to travel for up to 1 hour in the super jeep to find the best location.
At our first stop we assess conditions and decide to stay or keep looking. We stay on location if most likely for sightings. We may change location later on if we believe it to give better results. A private tour means flexibility to move quickly if the weather conditions change. We can go to places that is impassable in a normal coach in our search and heavy snow and rough tracks will not stop us from getting to the best locations to explore the northern lights.
The Northern Lights, also known as Aurora Borealis is a natural phenomenon caused by the interaction of particles from the sun with the upper atmosphere near the North Pole. In Iceland we can expect to see the Northern Lights from from September to mid-April when it´s dark enough and we have a clear conditions. It wouldn't hurt to have a bit of luck.
Your driver will give you informative commentary about the Northern Lights and useful tips about how to set your camera to photograph them. It is almost essential to have a tripod if you want to capture the Northern Lights on your camera. If you do not have a tripod, we can lend you one. If you do not have a camera yourself, dont worry. We have ours with us and we take excellent photographs of the lights in the tour. We take photo of you under the lights and share them with you the next day.
As a way to help keep you warm, hot chocolate is provided if you get cold exploring the Northern Lights, and of course you are welcome to warm up any time in the super jeep. When the tour comes to an end, we will take you back to your hotel of origination.
The Northern Lights tour operates every day when the conditions are favorable. The weather changes fast in our little island. We do our best to appraise the situation daily and carefully look at the latest data and weather reports. We maximize our sighting chance by going out only when cloud cover forecasts are favorable. Our sighting rate is 90%. We reserve the right to cancel the tour as late as 6.30 pm due to weather not being favorable. We make honest, transparent decisions and e-mail all our guests at 6.30 pm latest to confirm whether the tour is on or off.
The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and we cannot guarantee. If no lights are seen, you can go one more time with us free of charge the next time we go out subject to availability. Please give us a call or send us an email to reserve your seat.
Inclusions for Northern Lights Hunt In A Super Jeep
- Private Super Jeep tour
- Local taxes
- Free WIFI
- English-speaking driver/guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Tips about photographing the Northern Lights
- Hot chocolate
- Tripod for your camera (lend)
- We share the photos of the Northern Lights taken by your guide with you for free.
Exclusions for Northern Lights Hunt In A Super Jeep
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon. We cannot guarantee sightings. If no lights are seen you can go one more time with us free of charge the next time we go out. Please give us a call or send email at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your seat.
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
wear shoes suitable for uneven terrain.
If the tour is cancelled (the date you booked) because of weather and you cannot take the tour on other dates available while you stay in Iceland you will get a full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Day Trip on the Icelandic South Coast from Reykjavik: Seljalandsfoss, Skogafoss and Reynisfjara Black Beach
- Iceland South Coast and Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Day Trip Snowmobiling on Mrdalsjkull Glacier from Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Cruise from Downtown Reykjavk
- Olgerdin Brewery Tour from Reykjavik
- 1-Hour 'Buggy Safari' Buggy Adventure from Reykjavik