Nuraghe Tour Of SardiniaWrite a Review
OverviewItaly's island of Sardinia is rich with history, and this tour steps back in time. Discover prehistorical Sardinia in this walking tour of ancient nuraghes. At the hand of an expert guide, learn of these edifices, which date back to the Nuragic Age between 1900 and 730 BCE.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
Know More about this tourThe journey begins with a pickup from accommodations in South Sardinia. Join the specialized history guides as the group explores ancient stone buildings that belonged to the Sardinian population, dating back to 1500 b.c. They represent the most important monuments of the pre-historical Sardinia, and were built by the ancient technique called "dry stone wall," which is constructed without cement.
The word 'nuraghe' means a mass of stones and it is considered the symbol of the Sardinian Nuragic population. This period has some of the most important Mediterranean protagonists from thousands of years ago. This excursion is modified to fit the needs of every group, with morning departures at 9am or afternoon departures at 3pm. This itinerary concludes with a tasting of the typical Sardinian snack called "Sa Picchettada." The 4-5 hour tour ends back in South Sardinia by dropping off participants at their accommodations.
Inclusions for Nuraghe Tour Of Sardinia
- Bottled water
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Nuraghe Tour Of Sardinia
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum of 2 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.