Nuremberg Nazi Party Rally Grounds And Old Town Tour
OverviewCombine Nurembergs beautiful Old Town sights with a visit to the Nazi party rally grounds (Reichsparteigelande) on this must-do 4-hour tour. After exploring the medieval city by foot, seeing top sites like Albrecht DÃ¼rer House and Nuremberg Castles Imperial courtyards, spend time at the Nazi party rally grounds. Learn about the city during the days of the Third Reich (Nazi Germany) and hear about the famous Nuremberg trials while checking out sites like the Congress Hall and Documentation Center.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in front of Nuremberg Station, and stroll around the citys Old Town, admiring the pretty timber-framed houses and cobblestone streets clustered around Nuremberg Castle and the Hauptmarkt the bustling central square. As you walk, hear tales of the citys past from bygone days as a center of the Holy Roman Empire to its days under the dark spell of the Nazis during the Third Reich.
Nurembergs architecture beckons to its layered history, too, and many examples of the citys different architectural styles are covered on your tour. Admire St Lawrence Church rebuilt after World War II and pass Schner Brunnen, a replica of a 14th-century water feature that aptly translates as the beautiful fountain. Walk around the medieval city walls, stop for photos outside Albrecht Drer House and stroll through Nuremberg Castles Imperial courtyards.
The next part of your tour involves a trip by the towns efficient public transport either by bus or train. Your ticket is included in your tour so simply hop aboard with your guide, and then disembark at the Nurembergs Nazi party rally grounds.
Head inside and explore the grounds with your guide, seeing intriguing places like the half-finished Congress Hall a gigantic building that Hitler planned to use for party meetings and the Great Street that was designed purely for parades. Gaze at the largest Third Reich buildings where Hitler inspected members of the Schutzstaffel (the SS, the Nazi secret police). Your visit also includes entry to the Documentation Center (own expense), the large on-site museum that exhibits information on key wartime and post-war events like the Nuremberg Trials.
If you want to spend longer at the Documentation Center, then finish your tour inside and browse the exhibitions independently. Alternatively, return to central Nuremberg by public transport with your guide, finishing your tour by the start point.
Inclusions for Nuremberg Nazi Party Rally Grounds And Old Town Tour
- Local guide
- Public transport
- Lunch break at market place
Exclusions for Nuremberg Nazi Party Rally Grounds And Old Town Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee Documentation Center (approx. 5,00 euros)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The tour includes 45 minute lunch break at the market place
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.