Nuremberg Old Town Walking Tour
OverviewExplore Nuremberg’s postcard-perfect Old Town on a 2-hour walking tour, led by a local guide. Steeped in antiquity, the neighborhood has been at the forefront of pivotal eras throughout Germany’s history. With a past that harks back to the Holy Roman Empire, Nuremberg has also been considered the cradle of the German Renaissance and one of the main towns of the Third Reich (Nazi Germany). Learn the history and see a collection of the city’s must-visit sites, like St Lawrence Church, St Sebald Church, Albrecht Dürer House and Nuremberg Hauptmarkt.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in front of the Nuremberg Station, and then set off on your stroll around the citys Old Town. The walled city straddles the River Pegnitz and its pretty streetscape with tall, timber-framed houses and cobblestone streets makes for a scenic amble.
While walking around Nuremberg Castle hear about the citys past, learning about key events that took place on its streets. See sites where emperors were crowned and saints were buried, and then see where awe-inspiring works were painted at Albert Drer House. Learn of the citys dark Nazi legacy and hear tales of the chilling rallies that the city hosted during the days of the Third Reich.
Nurembergs architecture beckons to its layered history, too, and many examples of the citys different architectural styles are covered on your tour. Admire St Lawrence Church rebuilt after World War II and then stop for photos in front of Schner Brunnen, a replica of a 14th-century water feature that that aptly translates as the beautiful fountain. Walk around the medieval city walls and stroll through Nuremberg Castles Imperial courtyards.
Your tour finishes in Hauptmarkt, the bustling central square thats home to the annual Christkindlesmarkt. Hear of the world-famous Christmas market, which is held during the month of December, and then say your goodbyes to your guide.
Inclusions for Nuremberg Old Town Walking Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Nuremberg Old Town Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.