Whether youre an avid theater-goer or youre new to Broadway, get an authentic Broadway experience on this two-hour guided walking tour of New York Citys famous theater district. Discover the history of Broadway from a thespians perspective your expert and enthusiastic guide, a real Broadway performer!
Meet your guide at Duffy Square and take off on a behind-the-scenes look at Broadway, home to the billion-dollar theater industry. Learn why theaters flourished in the Great Depression, walk the edge of Hells Kitchen (where the real West Side Story took place) and learn what it takes to make it on the big stage.
You also make stops at:
- Shubert Alley - the geographical center of the Broadway district
- Sardi's - known for hundreds of show-business caricatures on the walls
- 42nd Street - home to many Broadway theaters
- The Edison Hotel - former location of the Edison Theatre
- "Smokey Mary's" church - known for use of incense
- George M Cohan statue - statue memorializing major American entertainer, playwright, composer, lyricist, actor, singer, dancer, and producer