One of the most popular and moving day trips from Maui to Oahu, the Pearl Harbor excursion takes you from the site of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor to the signing of the armistice aboard the USS Missouri. You will board a Navy launch for a trip into history across Pearl Harbor to visit the Arizona Memorial.
On your guided tour of the USS Missouri, you'll explore the last battleship built by the US Navy, which served from World War II through to Desert Storm. The Missouri was the site of the 1945 Japanese surrender to the Allies.
Your historic Maui to Oahu day trip continues with a drive past the historic attractions of downtown Honolulu, including:
- Kawaiahao Church
- Iolani Palace - the only royal palace on American soil
- State Library and Archives
- the famous statue of King Kamehameha
- Honolulu Hale
- the Mission Houses Museum
- Waikiki Beach
- Diamond Head Crater (if time permits)
- Nu'unanu Rainforest and Pali Lookout
Before you return to Maui you will also experience the serenity of the Punchbowl National Cemetery of the Pacific and Courts of the Missing.