OverviewSoar the skies of Oahu on a 60-minute helicopter tour in a replica of the chopper from ‘Magnum, P.I.’ Departing from Turtle Bay Resort on the North Shore, this fully narrated tour covers island highlights like Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head and Sacred Falls. An expert pilot takes you on a thrilling, low-level flight just offshore from Waikiki that follows the same route seen in the opening sequence of the popular 1980s television series. No mustache or aloha shirt required!
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Instant Confirmation
- Qualified and professional pilot
- Scenic helicopter flight
Know More about this tourStarting from the North Shore’s Turtle Bay Resort, receive a safety briefing before settling into the seat of your helicopter. This 4-passenger MD500 helicopter is a replica of the chopper flown by T.C. in Magnum P.I., the popular crime drama from the '80s starring Tom Selleck as a private investigator on Oahu.
Imagine yourself hunting for clues during a 60-minute aerial tour that take you along the Oahu coast over Shark’s Cove, Sunset Beach and Kahana Bay. Look down upon an expanse of white-sand shoreline nestled between emerald mountains, and keep an eye out for big-wave surfers in Waimea Bay.
Snap photos of the Dole Plantation’s famous pineapple maze from above before your pilot heads to Pearl Harbor, where you’ll soar over the USS Missouri. Continue flying low above the Pacific Ocean, following the same Waikiki Beach route Magnum does during the TV show, and then enjoy prime views of Diamond Head and the 1,000-foot (305-meter) Sacred Falls (Kaliuwa’a), closed to public viewing except from above.
Of course, no Magnum P.I. flight would be complete without a glimpse of Robin's Nest, a 200-acre (80-hectare) oceanfront estate owned by the fictional Robin Masters. Enjoy a bird’s-eye view of the property before returning to the helipad.
- Doors off: Fly in the helicopter with the doors off, providing a major adrenaline rush while you look out at the unobstructed scenery.
- Landing: Touch down at a secluded landing site on a scenic ridge near beautiful Kualoa Ranch, where you can hop out of the chopper for photo ops. You have about 25-30 minutes here to drink in the mountain backdrop and views of the coast.
Inclusions for Oahu Magnum Experience Helicopter Tour
- Two-way headset communication with your pilot
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Oahu Magnum Experience Helicopter Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
All pilots and aircraft are FAA-certified
Your safety is our #1 priority; in order to ensure the safety of all passengers, customers that weigh between 265-315lbs must pay a $50 capacity fee at the time of check-in. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat.
All guests weighing over 315lbs will be required to purchase an additional seat at a discounted price. Guests will be guaranteed a window seat. The additional seat may not necessarily be next to them, as the additional seat purchase is a way to safely balance the aircraft. All guests over 315lbs will be required to perform a safety belt fitting no less than 24 hours prior to tour.
Helicopter holds four passengers; larger groups may be separated
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.