Ocean To Ocean Panama Canal And Jungle Tour - Panama City
OverviewThis unique tour of the Panama Canal goes from the Pacific to the Atlantic ocean as you see the canal from the water and by foot. An exciting boat ride down the canal will introduce you to the transiting ships as well as the abundant wildlife on its shores, followed by a visit to Fort San Lorenzo and the new Agua Clara Locks.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourTo start this tour, you will follow the Panama Canal north to the town of Gamboa, where the Chagres River meets the canal. You will begin the wildlife viewing from a boat on the waters of the canal and Gatun Lake. You will ride along the waters of the Panama Canal right next to the ships passing through as well as have an up close view of the the abundant wildlife on its shores.
You will visit the famous Monkey Islands where you will see capuchins, howlers, and tamarins. Once you finish with the canal and lake boat ride (around 90 minutes), you will head 45 minutes north to the Caribbean side of Panama. You will visit the Agua Clara Visitor Center to see the new expansion locks working up close.
Located on the west side of the brand new Agua Clara Locks, the Agua Clara Visitor Center allows you to observe transiting vessels from a scenic lookout point and learn first hand about the various operations of the Panama Canal, the history of its construction, its participation in the world markets, and the importance of its watershed. An observational deck lets you watch the ships pass through the Agua Clara Locks on their way to the Pacific or Atlantic oceans.
The next stop will be a visit to San Lorenzo National Park where you will visit a remote rainforest full of flora and fauna, followed by a freshly made picnic lunch and a tour Fort San Lorenzo. A 400 year old Spanish fort on a scenic cliff overlooking the Caribbean, here you will recount the many attacks by pirates and privateers that happened at one of the most historically important places in Panama.
The Fort of San Lorenzo, located on an 80 foot (25m) cliff overlooking the Caribbean Sea at the estuary of the Chagres River, was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1980 along with the fortifications of the city of Portobelo. It was part of the defensive system for the transatlantic trade of the Spanish Crown, and is a fine example of military architecture of the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. The Fort of San Lorenzo is one of the oldest fortresses in Spanish America. Here you will recount the many attacks by pirates and privateers that happened at one of the most historically important places in Panama.
Once you finish the tour of the fort, you will return to Panama City for hotel drop off.
Inclusions for Ocean To Ocean Panama Canal And Jungle Tour
- Panama Canal boat ride (90 minutes)
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
Exclusions for Ocean To Ocean Panama Canal And Jungle Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
The tour starts in a very remote area and there will be no access to public restrooms until around 10:30am. There is a sheltered latrine available for women at the dock but it is very rustic.
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum age is 3 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Transfer Tocumen International Airport - Playa Blanca (Rio Hato) 1-3 people
- Transfer Tocumen International Airport - Coronado or Gorgona Beach 1-3 people
- Panama layover City tour - Conecting tour
- Panama City and Canal Experience
- All Inclusive Pearl Islands Catamaran Excursion
- Biomuseo Admission Ticket With Access to Permanent Exhibitions, Temporary Exhibitions and Botanical Park
- Embera Tour
- Transfer from Hotel Panama City (City limits) to Tocumen International Airport