Official 9/11 Memorial Tour - New York City
OverviewSeptember 11, 2001 is another date that will live in infamy. This 45-minute guided tour of the 9/11 Memorial, led by a staff member from the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, takes you to the site where the Twin Towers once stood. As you walk around the reflecting pools, learn the historical importance of the World Trade Center and the events of 9/11. You’ll leave with a renewed perspective of how the memorial was created with the site’s past and future in mind.
Know More about this tourThe 9/11 Memorial commemorates the nearly 3,000 people killed in the September 11, 2001 terror attacks at the World Trade Center site, the Pentagon and near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, as well as the six people lost in the February 1993 bombing of the World Trade Center. Your 45-minute tour of the memorial, led by a staff member of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, begins between the twin reflecting pools.
Learn about the World Trade Centers historical significance and the Memorials design and architecture. The reflecting pools, each spanning almost an acre (0.4 hectare), rest on the footprints where the Twin Towers once rose and dominated the city skyline. Bronze panels, inscribed with the names of all who died in the 2001 and 1993 attacks, line the periphery of the pools.
Make your way around the site, a somber reminder of the largest catastrophic loss of life from a foreign attack on American soil. When your tour ends, find out more about the destruction and anguish of that day inside the 9/11 Memorial & Museum (own expense).
Please note: All tours take place as scheduled, rain or shine. The walking Memorial tour does not include admission to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. It is recommended that you visit the museum after the walking tour. If you prefer to see the museum beforehand, please give yourself enough time for your visit, as re-entry to the museum is not allowed after you exit.
Inclusions for Official 9/11 Memorial Tour
$2 service fee included
Exclusions for Official 9/11 Memorial Tour
Admission to 9/11 Museum
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.