Ojos Negros Valley Wine And Cheese Route Tour In Baja California - EnsenadaWrite a Review
With this tour, youwill discover the Wine and Cheese Route at the Ojos Negros Valley, located east of Ensenada. The route is internationally recognized for the excellent quality of its wines and cheeses. You will enjoy avisit to La Cava de Marcelo, where you can learn, with a guided tour at their facilities, about crop production, livestock care, cheese making, and family history ending with a cheese tasting and wine. Later, you can enjoy gourmet dishes at the restaurant La Casa Marcelo. Finally, you will visit the only and the best wine bar in downtown Ensenada, with more than 230 wine labels from the region to taste.
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
- Romantic experience, perfect for couples
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tour
Your tour begins at 11amwith pickup from your hotel in Ensenada. Board a vehicle and drive towards the Ojos Negros Valley to discover the best wine and cheese in Ensenada. You'll first head to La Cava de Marcelo which is the main cava producer of artisancheeses in Baja California. This place is internationally recognized for its high quality and has been in business since 1911. You'llenjoy a guided tour to learn about crop production, livestock care, preparation of cheeses, as well as, family history and cheese tasting and wine from the house in the cellar.
The brand name is Quesos Ramonetti and it offersnatural cheeses in different presentations: Fresh, with Basil, with Romero, with Pepper, Cheese Aged 6 months, 1 and 2 years, and Ricotta and butter of the highest quality. Some of these will be included in your cheese tasting so you can try the best of the best.
Your tour then continues with lunch at the Restaurant La Casa Marcelo (own expense). Its menu offers a modern version of the traditional flavors of Mexican cuisine with the best local ingredients from Ojos Negros and Valle de Guadalupe. All dairy is fresh and come directly from the cows of Rancho La Campana, so you are sure to enjoy delicious and local cuisine.
Finally, you will visit the only and the best wine bar in downtown Ensenada, with more than 230 wine labels from the region to taste (own expense) before heading back to your hotel to end the day.
Inclusions for Ojos Negros Valley Wine And Cheese Route Tour In Baja California
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Cheese and wine tasting and tour at La Cava de Marcelo
- Local guide
- Hotel pick up from Guadalupe Valley
Exclusions for Ojos Negros Valley Wine And Cheese Route Tour In Baja California
- Wine tasting at wine bar in Ensenada
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.