Discover the charming olden side of Amsterdam. You will learn about its history, it’s culture and a lot of lesser known facts about the city. The biggest highlight of this place is visiting the Red Light District, where you will learn a lot about the tolerant Dutch culture.
• Tour in the old city center of Amsterdam and the changing Red Light District with a private guide.
• Walk in one of the oldest streets of Amsterdam.
• Hear the beautiful stories of the old harbor.
• Feel the cultural rich and lively China Town, where you can visit the Buddhist temple.
• Visit the former window brothel in the most skinny alley of Amsterdam.
The Red Light District is one of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the world, but has a bad reputation. It somehow became my mission to show visitors the many beautiful sides of the area.
This tour is an ideal mix of history, current changes in the Red Light District, happening places and a good day out.
Of course we'll visit the heart of Amsterdam, the oldest building in town, the place where Rembrandt got married and many other historic sights.
The Red Light District played a huge role in the famous Dutch Tolerant culture. Like the story of my grandfather who owned one of the first bars for colored people.
The area is known for it's window brothels and coffee shops, but is currently going through big changes due to a project of the city council. Many window brothels and coffee shops are being closed.
Due to this project, creatives are able to rent these former window brothels and start businesses inside. During my tours we always have a small visit to this space.