Old Amsterdam And Red Light District
OverviewDiscover the charming olden side of Amsterdam. You will learn about its history, it’s culture and a lot of lesser known facts about the city. The biggest highlight of this place is visiting the Red Light District, where you will learn a lot about the tolerant Dutch culture.
• Tour in the old city center of Amsterdam and the changing Red Light District with a private guide.
• Walk in one of the oldest streets of Amsterdam.
• Hear the beautiful stories of the old harbor.
• Feel the cultural rich and lively China Town, where you can visit the Buddhist temple.
• Visit the former window brothel in the most skinny alley of Amsterdam.
Know More about this tour
The Red Light District is one of the most interesting and beautiful neighborhoods in the world, but has a bad reputation. It somehow became my mission to show visitors the many beautiful sides of the area.
This tour is an ideal mix of history, current changes in the Red Light District, happening places and a good day out.
Of course we'll visit the heart of Amsterdam, the oldest building in town, the place where Rembrandt got married and many other historic sights.
The Red Light District played a huge role in the famous Dutch Tolerant culture. Like the story of my grandfather who owned one of the first bars for colored people.
The area is known for it's window brothels and coffee shops, but is currently going through big changes due to a project of the city council. Many window brothels and coffee shops are being closed.
Due to this project, creatives are able to rent these former window brothels and start businesses inside. During my tours we always have a small visit to this space.
Inclusions for Old Amsterdam And Red Light District
- Visit to a former window brothel
- Free Dutch design present
- Coffee or Tea to-go
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 60 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 60 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Guided Tour
- Hard Rock Caf Burger Cruise in Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Guided Tour of United East India Company and Maritime Museum with Art Historian
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise and Stedelijk Museum
- Small-Group Day Trip to Rotterdam, Delft and The Hague from Amsterdam Including Spido Boat Tour
- Amsterdam Super Saver: City Walking Tour plus Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and Volendam Half-Day Trip