Be swept away by the ancient and religious sites of Jerusalem on this compelling full-day coach and walking tour from Tel Aviv. With an expert guide to explain everything you see, witness this stunning citys main Christian and Jewish shrines, including the Mount of Olives, Western Wall, Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14) and exquisite Church of the Holy Sepulchre, said to stand on the site of Jesus crucifixion. Time at the powerful Holocaust Museum in New Jerusalem to chart the terrible treatment of the Jews in World War II wraps up this evocative tour.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourLeave your centrally located Tel Aviv hotel in an air-conditioned coach for an approximate 90-minute journey to Jerusalem, the world’s holiest city. On arrival, visit the Mount of Olives for stunning views over Old Jerusalem and the Temple of the Mount, where Solomon’s Temple, destroyed in 586 BC, and the Second Temple, which was ruined by the Romans in 70 AD, once stood.
Next, pass the Garden of Gethsemane, Church of All Nations, and the ancient Jewish cemetery on a drive through the Kidron Valley to Old Jerusalem. Enter the Old City on foot through the Zion Gate and walk through the Armenian Quarter to the Jewish Quarter. Here, see the well-preserved Byzantine Cardo, the city’s ancient main street said to date from the 6th century AD.
View the Western Wall, known as the Wailing Wall, where Jews have prayed since the destruction of the Second Temple, and see the cracks in its stones where thousand of pilgrims push their hand-written prayers.
From here, cross into the Christian quarter and walk along the Via Dolorosa (no. 5-14), the path Jesus is said to have taken to his crucifixion. See the Stations of the Cross and admire the beautiful Church of the Holy Sepulchre, believed to mark his crucifixion site.
After leaving the Old City via the Jewish Marketplace and Jaffa Gate, your final stop is at the Holocaust Museum in New Jerusalem. Head inside to view its moving displays on the suffering of Jews during WWII — a deeply moving experience.
Lastly, return to your coach and head back to Tel Aviv for a drop-off at your hotel.
Please note: Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays the Holocaust museum is closed, this will be replaced with a visit to Mount Zion and Gethsemane church
Inclusions for Old And New Jerusalem Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Old And New Jerusalem Day Trip From Tel Aviv
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. Please refrain from wearing shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Please note that on Fridays, Saturdays and Jewish holidays the Holocaust museum is closed. A visit to Mt. Zion (King David's tomb and hall of the last supper) will take place instead.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.